5,599,337 Members 38,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Taking underwater pictures with the Xperia V

Tip us?

cryogenix
Old
(Last edited by cryogenix; 10th December 2013 at 11:54 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default Taking underwater pictures with the Xperia V

Have you ever tried taking underwater shots using your Xperia V?

Although this phone is just water resistant and not fully water proof, this mighty little phone is still perfect for low pressure water like swimming pools.

A few things to take note:
1. Xperia V will still take on water inside the back plate after some time. Make sure to wipe it dry after every picture taking session.
2. The Xperia V doesn't have a dedicated camera shutter button. You can opt to shoot photos via self-timer if you don't want to install third party apps.
3. If you would like to shoot photos easier, there are apps (such as this) that lets you shoot using the volume rocker as the camera shutter button.
4. Make sure your back plate is sealed shut and that there are no more clicks heard when you press it firmly.

And that's it! This phone has been a joy for me even though it's miles away in hardware specs from the newer models (but honestly I think the Z1 is just too overkill for my needs).

Here are a few of my underwater shot samples (warning: images are in large resolution):

Post yours as well!
Sony Xperia V LT25i - Locked Bootloader running Miui V5 by Rimmer1966 using TtoV Patch by gorneman

The Following User Says Thank You to cryogenix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CAGED
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it's a little annoying that back cover is not providing waterproof for whole back internal part but providing enough water resistance for to wash or taking photos underwater is really a good part of this phone.

andrewfx1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
are you all joking???of course it is waterproof up to 30 minutes in 1 meter depth...have you read the manual??it has the same ip55 &57 standards as the xperia z....don't make other stories from your mind

cryogenix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfx1 View Post
are you all joking???of course it is waterproof up to 30 minutes in 1 meter depth...have you read the manual??it has the same ip55 &57 standards as the xperia z....don't make other stories from your mind
yes i stand corrected as the Z and the Z1 are also just water resistant (with z1 having a higher ip rating of 55/58). but for real, based on experience, some water will still sip in on the area not covered by the protective rubber padding.
Sony Xperia V LT25i - Locked Bootloader running Miui V5 by Rimmer1966 using TtoV Patch by gorneman

andrewfx1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryogenix View Post
yes i stand corrected as the Z and the Z1 are also just water resistant (with z1 having a higher ip rating of 55/58). but for real, based on experience, some water will still sip in on the area not covered by the protective rubber padding.
yes it gets water in this area you say but this is totally normal!this area as you can see is fully protected from water...thats why they placed the protective rubber only around the battery to protect all the electric contacts!
Tags
underwater, xperia v