[Q]reboots i9505

Tip us?

zeldalink
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]reboots i9505

Hi i have an s4 i9505.

It was bought from someone else so i cant go back to the store so i hope some people here can help me.

I flashed a GE rom on the phone and it got random reboots so i reflashed it to stock. It worked for 2 days and did a lot of reboots to test if it keept working. After those 2 days i wanted to insert another sim so i first rebooted to check if it still worked and it dit then i turned it off. I inserted the new sim (witch requires to pull the battery). I tried to boot it and it came to the unlock screen and even before i touched it it rebooted. It was stuck in this reboot loop.

The weird thing is that the more reboots toke place the shorter they took to get to a reboot. So the first time i got to lock screen after 2 times i didn't. Better said after 20 reboots it even rebooted in the startup sound. Now if i plug battery insert it again it does the same. If i leave the battery out for some time and put it back in it will boot again to lock screen (sometimes i can use it for 5 min before a reboot).

I already had done a new flash of stock firmware and also flashed cm10.2, cm11, GE4.4 and some more roms they all have the same problem.
I already replaced battery and didn't help a bit.

I hope someone can help me and give me a direction i have to look into.

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldalink View Post
Hi i have an s4 i9505.

It was bought from someone else so i cant go back to the store so i hope some people here can help me.

I flashed a GE rom on the phone and it got random reboots so i reflashed it to stock. It worked for 2 days and did a lot of reboots to test if it keept working. After those 2 days i wanted to insert another sim so i first rebooted to check if it still worked and it dit then i turned it off. I inserted the new sim (witch requires to pull the battery). I tried to boot it and it came to the unlock screen and even before i touched it it rebooted. It was stuck in this reboot loop.

The weird thing is that the more reboots toke place the shorter they took to get to a reboot. So the first time i got to lock screen after 2 times i didn't. Better said after 20 reboots it even rebooted in the startup sound. Now if i plug battery insert it again it does the same. If i leave the battery out for some time and put it back in it will boot again to lock screen (sometimes i can use it for 5 min before a reboot).

I already had done a new flash of stock firmware and also flashed cm10.2, cm11, GE4.4 and some more roms they all have the same problem.
I already replaced battery and didn't help a bit.

I hope someone can help me and give me a direction i have to look into.
How about the connector pins on the battery? Does one of them look like it's bent in so that it might not be making good contact all the time?
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

broodplank1337
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9406

DONATE TO ME
Do a factory reset and install my real AOSP http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397511, it will solve your problems guaranteed
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)

Latest Development:

Roms:
AOSP v4.4.2 (KVT49L) from source for I9505 (Github)
- Cleanest ROM available for i9505. along with up-to-date stock kernel, also forms a perfect base for ROM developers.

Apps:
Galaxy S4 Glove Mode App (Playstore link)
- Do you want the Glove Mode of the S4 but your ROM doesn't support it? Use this app to enable/disable it easily.

Latest Scraps:
Proprietary Lib Cleaner / Silent proprietary libs / Live Thermal Monitor / GIT Conflict Fixer

Upcoming projects:

broodROM KitKat "Aiming for perfection"
- Custom ROM with really high standards, more info soon, Target devices: All popular new-generation smartphones (mainly Samsung)

For sources you can visit my Github. Or take a look at all my projects

zeldalink
Old
(Last edited by zeldalink; 11th December 2013 at 04:22 AM.) Reason: added something
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodplank1337 View Post
Do a factory reset and install my real AOSP http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397511, it will solve your problems guaranteed
it was already on there and even at that rom it keeps randomly rebooting (mostly in the bootup sequence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
How about the connector pins on the battery? Does one of them look like it's bent in so that it might not be making good contact all the time?
the battery pins look al good.

zeldalink
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
okay the problem is resolved for now i replaced the battery again with another one and that one still works even after a few reboots and battery pulls the other 2 batterys are both dead so thanks for all the help