[Q] Going from 4.3 rom to 4.4

Tip us?

deadenz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Going from 4.3 rom to 4.4

I'm running slimbean 4.3 and cwm for recovery.. Can I just perform the normal steps when flashing a new rom and flash beanstalk 4.4? I've been told cwm won't flash modems on the e980 so will I run into any problems with that? if I want to go back to 4.3 rom I will be able to restore a backup, correct? any other info is appreciated. thanks
LG G FLEX

thathamiam
Old
(Last edited by thathamiam; 8th December 2013 at 04:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
I have been able to flash back and forth and restore backups using CWM that I got from FreeGee. I haven't flashed any modems though. As always, YMMV

Edit: I think I've only restored one backup. I have flashed a lot this week...apologize

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
e980 - i'd tell you which ROM, but then i'd have to update my signature thrice daily.

thathamiam
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Confirmed: I just restored a 4.3.1 backup from a 4.4 ROM using CWM 6.0.3.7 from Freegee

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
e980 - i'd tell you which ROM, but then i'd have to update my signature thrice daily.
The Following User Says Thank You to thathamiam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tillicollide
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i have been able to restore a stock backup made using freegee provided recovery after have issues with cm11 no problems, but one which is that when i try to unroot using lgmlauncher.exe it says update halted due to low battery, even though the battery is full