5,605,120 Members 37,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [AOSP] Official 4.4 - S4 Google Edition - v6.0-OTA - Feel the Experience of Nexus

Tip us?

nsantek1994
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [AOSP] Official 4.4 - S4 Google Edition - v6.0-OTA - Feel the Experience of Nexus

Hello to all!

Since I don't have honor to post on main development page I need to post here in question!

I can't find nowhere something about battery life, I installed without problem ROM on my SIV and battery life is very poor. Yesterday I watched on YouTube MKBHD Hangout with Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside which have length of 39 minutes I think. My battery was at star 98% and at the time of ending video vas 45%. Battery can't last full day of normal usage. (it last from 07:00 to 18:00). At beginning I noticed this problem and I installed One Power Guard and its always on powersave or standby mode.

This anyone facing with this problem?

mk2vr6
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Yes mine is exactly the same. Running v4.0 and battery life is terrible now. Camera app force closes every now and then and sometimes maybe twice a week it reboots.
Plus I can't charge it switched off - everytime I plug it in it starts up.

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 866

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

My battery is a little poor too, but it was because I was with my cellphone screen on almost the whole day... When it was an extreme case (when I was in 4.3 AOSP ROM and it didn't last even some hours, like you), I recalibrated it (I used to do it with my Xoom and X10 Mini Pro, it may be a placebo, but looks like it worked...

To recalibrate simply let your battery run completely out, then plug to the charger and let it charger completely while turned off (the white battery icon appears), then turn it on and let it run out again, then charge fully again. Remember that plugging and unplugging your device from the charger is bad for your battery, and remember to keep the screen brightness very low, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and SPECIALLY 3G when you're not using.

Hope this helps,
~Lord

nsantek1994
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2vr6 View Post
Yes mine is exactly the same. Running v4.0 and battery life is terrible now. Camera app force closes every now and then and sometimes maybe twice a week it reboots.
Plus I can't charge it switched off - everytime I plug it in it starts up.
You need to flash v.6.0 which mostly correct FC camera app. I notec when i was runinng on ART reboots was more common.
My solution was to flash MK9 stock rom, this is the most stable and reliably by me so far.

nsantek1994
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default and hanress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
Hi,

My battery is a little poor too, but it was because I was with my cellphone screen on almost the whole day... When it was an extreme case (when I was in 4.3 AOSP ROM and it didn't last even some hours, like you), I recalibrated it (I used to do it with my Xoom and X10 Mini Pro, it may be a placebo, but looks like it worked...

To recalibrate simply let your battery run completely out, then plug to the charger and let it charger completely while turned off (the white battery icon appears), then turn it on and let it run out again, then charge fully again. Remember that plugging and unplugging your device from the charger is bad for your battery, and remember to keep the screen brightness very low, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and SPECIALLY 3G when you're not using.

Hope this helps,~Lord
Thank you for advice. I was using battery calibration on my Galaxy SI GT-i9000 and Xperia X8 and it was uselles. Know i didn't se enyware that i need to recalibrate battery so i didnt do that.