Cant update to 4.4.2

Tip us?

daZza92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cant update to 4.4.2

Hey folks,

I just got my Nexus 7 and updated it to 4.4.

After that I unlocked and rooted it using a tool made by wug(something). After successfully doing that I realized that there was 4.4.2 update, as it showed me a notification in the top drawer.

So I went ahead and reinstalled stock firmware + unroot (using said tool). I used KRT16S factory image to do that.
After that I did another fac. reset as suggested but now I can't seem to be able to update to 4.4.2 anymore. When I search for updates on the tablet it says I am already on the newest version...

Is my N7 bricked? How can I update? Please help...

arviverona
Old
(Last edited by arviverona; 11th December 2013 at 10:12 AM.) Reason: adding sources.
Thanks Meter 0
Default Your tab is not bricked at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daZza92 View Post
Hey folks,

I just got my Nexus 7 and updated it to 4.4.

After that I unlocked and rooted it using a tool made by wug(something). After successfully doing that I realized that there was 4.4.2 update, as it showed me a notification in the top drawer.

So I went ahead and reinstalled stock firmware + unroot (using said tool). I used KRT16S factory image to do that.
After that I did another fac. reset as suggested but now I can't seem to be able to update to 4.4.2 anymore. When I search for updates on the tablet it says I am already on the newest version...

Is my N7 bricked? How can I update? Please help...
If you can still use your nexus and browse settings, your tablet is working properly. I have the same problem, my OTA checker tells me it is up to date but it isn't. You can ADB sideload the firmware update instead using your PC.

You can follow the method from this site:

htt p://w ww.a ndroidbeat.c om/2013/12/manually-install-android-4-4-2-kitkat-update-nexus-4-nexus-5-nexus-7/
remove 4 spaces..
DISCLAIMER: Once again, read the site's disclaimer and i am not responsbile of any further occurrence of bad things on your device. Always read instructions and search for answers in this forum or anywhere else. Thanks.