XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lock the screen using Knock-On without going to homescreen

Tip us?

steeltkb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSuccess View Post
Now, if they could only get knock off working for custom ROMs.
It sounds like the CM maintainers are working on it, but I set up one of my Quick Launch shortcuts to do "Screen Off", and it's really easy to use that way. I like it a lot better than having it in the notification drawer tiles or on the quick pulldown tiles. Pretty much no matter what screen you're on, you can swipe up from the bottom QUick Launch icon to instantly lock the phone. I do it one-handed all the time. Being right-handed, it's easiest to set it to the left-hand icon position so you can swipe away with just your thumb.

For CM 10.2 users, it's in: Settings > Interface > Quick Launch Shortcuts, then swipe to the desired location and choose to bind the "Screen Off" command.

MajorSuccess
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltkb View Post
It sounds like the CM maintainers are working on it, but I set up one of my Quick Launch shortcuts to do "Screen Off", and it's really easy to use that way. I like it a lot better than having it in the notification drawer tiles or on the quick pulldown tiles. Pretty much no matter what screen you're on, you can swipe up from the bottom QUick Launch icon to instantly lock the phone. I do it one-handed all the time. Being right-handed, it's easiest to set it to the left-hand icon position so you can swipe away with just your thumb.

For CM 10.2 users, it's in: Settings > Interface > Quick Launch Shortcuts, then swipe to the desired location and choose to bind the "Screen Off" command.
Oh, good to know. I've been using Nova Launcher Prime on top of whatever I've flashed on. Right now, I'm using Carbon + Nova. In Nova, you can still set up gestures with an app, so I use Screen Off and Lock from the Play Store. This way, I can flash between different ROMs and not worry about having knock off unavailable.

blazewit
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSuccess View Post
Now, if they could only get knock off working for custom ROMs.
Knock off works on any rom now with an xposed module. Been using it on ose rom and it works great

the definition of open: “mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git:// android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make" gansta mic drop
the definition of open: “mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git:// android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make" .....gangsta mike drop...