XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G vs Nexus 5

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Moto G vs Nexus 5

I have a Nexus 5 and am contemplating getting my girlfriend a Moto G as she does not need a very powerful phone. We are on T-Mobile and do not have LTE coverage in our city. However, T-Mobile's HSPA+ is very good. I get anywhere between 10mbps-15mbps on my Nexus 5. My question is does the Moto G support that same kind of signal for HSPA+?

nupi
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I have a Nexus 5 and am contemplating getting my girlfriend a Moto G as she does not need a very powerful phone. We are on T-Mobile and do not have LTE coverage in our city. However, T-Mobile's HSPA+ is very good. I get anywhere between 10mbps-15mbps on my Nexus 5. My question is does the Moto G support that same kind of signal for HSPA+?
It should (according to the specs I've seen it supports all HSPA variants). In any case, I find the Moto G to be deeply impressive for the price. Think Nexus 4 / GS3 level phone at a loooow price

Rusty!
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1735
Moto G supports HSPA+ (21mbps), Nexus 5 supports DC-HSPA+ (42mbps)

You need to find out if you're on DC or not.
Google Nexus 5 on Giffgaff UK

shaftenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 654
I sent my N5 back and I am much happier with the Moto G, so it depends to where you lay your focus on.

xxnoelziexx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaftenberg View Post
I sent my N5 back and I am much happier with the Moto G, so it depends to where you lay your focus on.
I really liked the Nexus 5 but had a few issues especially the mic bug which meant phone calls I would have to repeat myself as it was cutting in and out. Since I got my Moto G I have been a lot more happier with it. Price was a big factor especially around Christmas time this also gives me time to save some cash for the next phone

I am actually a lot more productive with the moto G than I was with the nexus 5 the battery life is very important to me.
Moto G 8GB.