5,597,007 Members 47,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root stock 4.3?

Tip us?
 
kingnarkissos
Old
(Last edited by kingnarkissos; 10th December 2013 at 12:28 PM.)
#21  
kingnarkissos's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 87
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lafayette
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
Not really bricked. Odin the 4.3 ota again and you'll be right back up and running

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
That prolly would have worked but I didn't have the 4.3 file so far as I know. Nor did I know that it was avaiable as a stand alone download. I upgraded through Kies. So if I had the file I wasn't aware that I had it. I know that Samsungs especially are nearly unbrickable when you have ODIN. The trouble was that I clearly didn't do enough research and ventured into this far more ignorant than I should have been. That being said with my warranty status effected it's all the same that I get this other device from T mobile. Learn more, get smarter and be more patient. Then when everything gets worked out try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic7 View Post
Just curious how you say to have gotten one by tomorrow ive been with tmobile/voicestream for 13 years and have yet to see a phone overnighted, also to fix your problem just odin it again with new 4.3 phone will work
Yeah, I have had several devices replaced by T-Mobile for various reasons and no one has ever overnighted to me either. But Pat, the guy I talked to made the offer to do that. I, of course, gladly accepted. I can't answer as to why he offered it or why no one else ever has offered it. All that being said I still wont get it until near 6 PM est (my time) which is more like overnight and most of a day. Still much faster than the 3 days that it usually takes for a replacement.
 
kintwofan
Old
#22  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2696
Posts: 4,800
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irmo, SC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnarkissos View Post
That prolly would have worked but I didn't have the 4.3 file so far as I know. Nor did I know that it was avaiable as a stand alone download. I upgraded through Kies. So if I had the file I wasn't aware that I had it. I know that Samsungs especially are nearly unbrickable when you have ODIN. The trouble was that I clearly didn't do enough research and ventured into this far more ignorant than I should have been. That being said with my warranty status effected it's all the same that I get this other device from T mobile. Learn more, get smarter and be more patient. Then when everything gets worked out try it again.



Yeah, I have had several devices replaced by T-Mobile for various reasons and no one has ever overnighted to me either. But Pat, the guy I talked to made the offer to do that. I, of course, gladly accepted. I can't answer as to why he offered it or why no one else ever has offered it. All that being said I still wont get it until near 6 PM est (my time) which is more like overnight and most of a day. Still much faster than the 3 days that it usually takes for a replacement.
Well the problem I have with this is people who break their phones and somehow think it's tmo problem and send it in result in higher phone/insurance prices that affect other users. It's also the reason Verizon is locking down their boot loaders and it seems like other carriers are following suit, but this is a discussion for another day. My point is if you break it you pay the cost

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kingnarkissos
Old
(Last edited by kingnarkissos; 10th December 2013 at 02:25 PM.)
#23  
kingnarkissos's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 87
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lafayette
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
Well the problem I have with this is people who break their phones and somehow think it's tmo problem and send it in result in higher phone/insurance prices that affect other users. It's also the reason Verizon is locking down their boot loaders and it seems like other carriers are following suit, but this is a discussion for another day. My point is if you break it you pay the cost

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
After giving Pat all the information, most of which was true as it pertains to the warranty counter being tripped he determined that the phone still qualified for warranty, if not I still could have paid insurance. That being said it isn't broken, and with the new information I have I could prolly fix it. And forgive me but I am not so sure that if we stopped sending phones into our carriers for reasons either good or bad, that magically phone prices will drop and insurance will drop and locked bootloaders will become a thing of the past but those are just my thoughts.

The good news is at least you're not the judgmental type.
 
hodgestl
Old
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lubbock, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
Well the problem I have with this is people who break their phones and somehow think it's tmo problem and send it in result in higher phone/insurance prices that affect other users. It's also the reason Verizon is locking down their boot loaders and it seems like other carriers are following suit, but this is a discussion for another day. My point is if you break it you pay the cost

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
+1 Agree completely. The other user even started his discussion by saying he "spent a yarn." That is generally a soft phrase for being dishonest.
The Following User Says Thank You to hodgestl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kingnarkissos
Old
#25  
kingnarkissos's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 87
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lafayette
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgestl View Post
+1 Agree completely. The other user even started his discussion by saying he "spent a yarn." That is generally a soft phrase for being dishonest.
After careful consideration and feeling the applied pressure of being judged, I will forfeit the the device that was sent to me from T-Mobile, I am so very sorry that everyone will end up paying more because of me. I am so very sorry for being such a dirtbag and feel very lucky that I have not been tossed from the forum yet due to my scandalous nature. I hope everyone sleeps better now that I have made the decision to do my part to bring down the prices of insurance and devices.
 
Coug76
Old
#26  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 433
Posts: 1,378
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East of Seattle
Festivus is only 13 days away.

This message is brought to you by the Human Fund: Money for People


Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
 
GMAN1722
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 307
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Lol. What date is Festivus? Because I can't wait for the airing of grievances. Because I have a lot dealing with some people in these forums jk
 
Coug76
Old
#28  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 433
Posts: 1,378
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East of Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1722 View Post
Lol. What date is Festivus? Because I can't wait for the airing of grievances. Because I have a lot dealing with some people in these forums jk
Dec 23rd.

I look forward to the feats of strength.

I was couldn't find for a while but ended up uncovering the pole. It's a Festivus miracle!

If you go to Smithsonian you can find the actual puffy shirt in a case next to Kermit the Frog.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
 
blazinazn
Old
#29  
blazinazn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 559
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by youStolemylaptop View Post
So if Knox is removed already, will this method still work?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes