5,603,646 Members 36,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 need help with an issue before i compile my rom..

Tip us?

Inside 4ndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Default 4.4 need help with an issue before i compile my rom..

hi i have a kit kat port for the DHD but there is a bug there are black boxes in stock browser and email application - Chrome browser works great and MailDroid works for email.... it is a fault with the new chromium based webkit and is in any app that makes use of the webkit...

sooo i would like to add a working browser and email client to the rom which work and then compile it BUT i would like to be able to hide the stcok browser (although i could just remove this from the app folder) and i would like to hide gmail, stock email app... my problem is if i remove the gmail and stock email app from /system/app then i get alot of toast errors (eg. email provider has stopped blah blah blah)

so can i hide the apps rather than totally removing them without using any 3rd party app or launcher etc...

thanks in advance

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR IF I HELPED YOU OUT
PLEASE HIT THANKS AND MAYBE BUY ME A COFFEE

saint_diablo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside 4ndroid View Post
hi i have a kit kat port for the DHD but there is a bug there are black boxes in stock browser and email application - Chrome browser works great and MailDroid works for email.... it is a fault with the new chromium based webkit and is in any app that makes use of the webkit...

sooo i would like to add a working browser and email client to the rom which work and then compile it BUT i would like to be able to hide the stcok browser (although i could just remove this from the app folder) and i would like to hide gmail, stock email app... my problem is if i remove the gmail and stock email app from /system/app then i get alot of toast errors (eg. email provider has stopped blah blah blah)

so can i hide the apps rather than totally removing them without using any 3rd party app or launcher etc...

thanks in advance

I suppose you caan use titaanium backup pro to frost these apps...the apps will remain in sysyem but in suspended form.

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Inside 4ndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_diablo View Post
I suppose you caan use titaanium backup pro to frost these apps...the apps will remain in sysyem but in suspended form.

Mmmm its one way but i wanted to do it without using any apps eg editing .xml or something simular before compiling the rom...

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR IF I HELPED YOU OUT
PLEASE HIT THANKS AND MAYBE BUY ME A COFFEE

saint_diablo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside 4ndroid View Post
Mmmm its one way but i wanted to do it without using any apps eg editing .xml or something simular before compiling the rom...
I am not a dev but the only solution i can think of is that you can hide the app in app drawer..it will remain in the system but nit visible to users !

xdagee
Old
Thanks Meter 46
hey, black box issue has been fixed on the latest CM11 build by Mustaavalkosta follow this thread for more...