Wifi error

Tip us?

Boekestijn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi error

So my wifi doesn't work.
Everytime I try to put it on, it switches off almost immediately . Sometimes I am not even able to switch it on at all. (the switch button becomes grey).
I got this phone from a friend of mine a year ago. The wifi wasn't working either back then (but I believe it had worked at some point in the beginning). When I got the phone it still had the stock rom. Then I flashed some custom roms, mostly CM (gingerbread, ICS). That didn't do any good for my wifi. So I downgraded my hboot and s-offed my phone. Also flashed a new radio, but that didn't help either.
I am slowly beginning to think that it's a hardware issue. But today, ever since a year, my wifi turned on and I was connected for 10 minutes! Then I rebooted my phone to see if it would work again, but unfortunately it didn't.

I read something about flashing a new kernel to fix your wifi, could that do the trick?
Also I read a lot about doing clean rom installs to fix your wifi (so wipe all partitions etc), tried that, didn't work.

Info about my phone:
Android 4.2.2
CyanogenMod 10.1 -20130808 -unofficial-saga
kernel version: 3.0.84-g0263617
radio (baseband version): 20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_m

Hboot:
saga put ship s-off RL
hboot 6.98.1002
radio: 3822.10.08.04_m

I hope there are some things I have overlooked, because it would be so great if wifi could be fixed.

Thanks in advance!

zeus.lny
Old
Thanks Meter 71
flash the latest kernel by flinny, it should resolve the wifi issue,
Clean install is preferred when u change ROMS.
The Following User Says Thank You to zeus.lny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Boekestijn
Old
(Last edited by Boekestijn; 11th December 2013 at 01:29 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus.lny View Post
flash the latest kernel by flinny, it should resolve the wifi issue,
Clean install is preferred when u change ROMS.
Just to clear things up. Do you mean the andromadus kernel? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097379

edit:
I've flashed the andromadus kernel by kylon. Kernel version 3.0.101. Wifi still isn't working.
I can't find the kernel by flinny. Do you have a link?