5,597,762 Members 36,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tip us?

AndroidNoob22
Old
(Last edited by AndroidNoob22; 4th January 2014 at 03:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default ..

Mustajab Is'haq
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Let me give you a short and simple answer.

Stop worrying about burn in. There are people here who have the original Note with perfect screens.

Screen issues have been mostly resolved with the newest Super AMOLED panels. You can use facebook as long as you wish, if you do encounter any problems take the device back to Samsung and they should give you a replacement unit for use.

Enjoy your Note!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away....
I would Love to change the world, but they won't give me the Source Code
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustajab Is'haq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNoob22 View Post
I want my phone to last at least for 1 year or max 1.5 years, should I be worried?
If you want your screen to be constantly ON for 1-1.5 years then AMOLED is not for you. But if you get something like 4 hours of screen time / day then you should be more than fine.

Brightness also matters a lot - IMHO current AMOLED can not last more than 365 * 8 hours at absolute max brightness without showing serious burn-in, but CAN last that much on auto.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

AndroidNoob22
Old
(Last edited by AndroidNoob22; 4th January 2014 at 03:28 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNoob22 View Post
I assume you haven't read everything I wrote, I use my phone max 3 hours in a day that to not constantly, I use it in short periods and I guess I use only 2 hours 3 hours is still way more than I actually use but still just the estimate time also I only use max brightness outdoors that too very rarely or else I keep it on auto.
I don't care that much about your situation, it was more of a generic answer for those guys that would be searching for the same question before posting it again and again
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7