XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MF3 Galaxy????? Im lost

Tip us?

willieamm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MF3 Galaxy????? Im lost

Can anyone explain what causes a galaxy to have a MF3 firmware. Mine has that at the end of the CSC codes and the other two codes in that list. It seems that specific coding in y firmware is preventing me from getting the Jellybeans 4.3 update from AT&t (THE MK2.) i CANNOT GET IT VIA kIES OR VIA ota. Can anyone offer some insight into this or point me to somewhere I can get some info regarding it. I'd also like to know if there's a [safe] fix for this or a way to change the firmware [without rooting it]. Just need some into. Thanks.

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieamm View Post
Can anyone explain what causes a galaxy to have a MF3 firmware. Mine has that at the end of the CSC codes and the other two codes in that list. It seems that specific coding in y firmware is preventing me from getting the Jellybeans 4.3 update from AT&t (THE MK2.) i CANNOT GET IT VIA kIES OR VIA ota. Can anyone offer some insight into this or point me to somewhere I can get some info regarding it. I'd also like to know if there's a [safe] fix for this or a way to change the firmware [without rooting it]. Just need some into. Thanks.
Read the "pinned" threads in the general and q & a sections.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

RO3
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
Read the "pinned" threads in the general and q & a sections.
Scott, are you a moderator here? Your red bold statement in your signature is a little condescending. If someone does in fact read the pinned threads first, but doesn't understand them, they can't ask for help according to your logic. You are demanding they read and understand before asking for help. If everyone understood everything we wouldn't need forums would we. Take a chill pill dude.
The Following User Says Thank You to RO3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1961

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO3 View Post
Scott, are you a moderator here? Your red bold statement in your signature is a little condescending. If someone does in fact read the pinned threads first, but doesn't understand them, they can't ask for help according to your logic. You are demanding they read and understand before asking for help. If everyone understood everything we wouldn't need forums would we. Take a chill pill dude.
The answer was sufficient and without any form of attitude or condescending tone. You have no room to be telling people what to do.

If the OP does not understand what they are reading, they need to make it obvious. From reading the OP, they are not doing the research. It is pretty obvious. I have been here long enough, I am experienced enough and have experienced enough to know when someone is not helping themselves.

Until you are more than just a junior member, I suggest you not tell people to chill when they do not provoke any member and provide the correct answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-1337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO3 View Post
You should read the rules YOU agreed to when you signed up. If you don't like it, take it up with the site Administrator.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=263

All members ARE expected to read and search before making posts. Providing people with the information I posted is the correct thing to do as ALL people are expected to read the "Pinned" threads before asking questions that have already been answered several times. The answers (and many more) are there. If you don't like it, maybe you should start another development forum with your own rules? And I personally don't care if you think repeating the forum rules is "condescending. People like yourself are part of the problem because you don't direct people to the information they need (and should have already read) instead you "question" those that do so, Replying to people like you is a waste of time, but, unfortunately, it has to be done from time to time so people can see the correct way of doing things. Have a good day.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

Brooklynsour
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Cray!!

mf3 rooted SHOstock 2.3
thanks to everyone who helps the community

RO3
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
You should read the rules YOU agreed to when you signed up. If you don't like it, take it up with the site Administrator.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=263

All members ARE expected to read and search before making posts. Providing people with the information I posted is the correct thing to do as ALL people are expected to read the "Pinned" threads before asking questions that have already been answered several times. The answers (and many more) are there. If you don't like it, maybe you should start another development forum with your own rules? And I personally don't care if you think repeating the forum rules is "condescending. People like yourself are part of the problem because you don't direct people to the information they need (and should have already read) instead you "question" those that do so, Replying to people like you is a waste of time, but, unfortunately, it has to be done from time to time so people can see the correct way of doing things. Have a good day.
I read the rules back in 2010 when I signed up. I have no problem with the forum rules being repeated in signatures, I think it's fine for those who wish to do so. Modified forum rules in signatures, is another story. This becomes an interpretation of the rules. As far as me being part of some problem, you already directed the OP to the pinned topics, should I have concurred in my post as well? I simply asked you if you were a moderator and thought your signature was poorly worded thus giving it a condescending undertone. I may have gone overboard telling you to take a chill pill which I would retract, but after you suggesting that I start another development forum, and that people like me are a waste of time I am not so sure now. I guess I am more of a rule 10 guy then a rule 1 guy.

10. Help others if you can.

If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do so. This place exists because people are helping each other, and even if you are relatively new to the matter, there's probably quite a few people with less experience than you, who could benefit from what you've learned. Don't be shy.

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8554

DONATE TO ME
What scott is saying is that, this question you presented has been asked not 50 times, but 100 times, and starting another thread with a repeated question is not needed, he gave you the location to read on the subject, so if you have questions then it should be addressed within that thread, that is the whole reason they were created. And 99% of your answers have been answered already. Not to direct this at you, but alot of people just start a thread to get a quick answer to which they are to lazy to read and see that the answers are there already.
His signature is just a reminder to people that, hey, look before you ask.

I see nothing wrong with Scotts answer.

failedjedi
Old
(Last edited by failedjedi; 11th December 2013 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman View Post
What scott is saying is that, this question you presented has been asked not 50 times, but 100 times, and starting another thread with a repeated question is not needed, he gave you the location to read on the subject, so if you have questions then it should be addressed within that thread, that is the whole reason they were created. And 99% of your answers have been answered already. Not to direct this at you, but alot of people just start a thread to get a quick answer to which they are to lazy to read and see that the answers are there already.
His signature is just a reminder to people that, hey, look before you ask.

I see nothing wrong with Scotts answer.
The issue wasn't his answer it's his signature. I sort of feel the same way. I don't even see a problem with the text, bit of an a hole move to have it huge and in red. Especially since it shows up on all his posts. So even following a thread that is going good, if he is actively posting you have to see it every few posts for no reason. It jumps out at you too. As the first guy mentioned it would be different if he was a mod, but just some user, no matter how long they have been or how active they are, to not only take it upon themselves to be so serious about it, but to shove it in everyones face everywhere because the huge red text just jumps out on a page, is taking it a bit to far.