5,593,876 Members 47,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen flexing and creaking sound.

Tip us?

DANIELWHITT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Screen flexing and creaking sound.

Does anyone else's phone screen flex and make a creaking sound around the left hand edge of the screen, around an inch up from the bottom. No other part of the screen flexs or creaks other than this part. The rest feels solid and won t budge. Don't know if I have a faulty unit.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk 2

dottat
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELWHITT View Post
Does anyone else's phone screen flex and make a creaking sound around the left hand edge of the screen, around an inch up from the bottom. No other part of the screen flexs or creaks other than this part. The rest feels solid and won t budge. Don't know if I have a faulty unit.

Just squeezed mine all the way around and not a peep out of it. I couldn't detect any movement either...

sorta sounds like your screen isn't adhering tight to the case and if that's the case i would return it.. it will only lead to problems.

logikzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Just squeezed mine all the way around and not a peep out of it. I couldn't detect any movement either...

sorta sounds like your screen isn't adhering tight to the case and if that's the case i would return it.. it will only lead to problems.
i bet its the back which is not securely fastened. Hold down the little release tab and press down firmly on all sides of backing until it is locked in place.

DANIELWHITT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by logikzzz View Post
i bet its the back which is not securely fastened. Hold down the little release tab and press down firmly on all sides of backing until it is locked in place.
Hello, I took the back of completely and it still does it. It's the screen flexing in the frame. It's getting booked in for a repair. HTC said the screen should be solid.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Is it the screen or the back inside right in that area? Seems like there is hollow space where there is the dock connector on the other side.
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DANIELWHITT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Is it the screen or the back inside right in that area? Seems like there is hollow space where there is the dock connector on the other side.
It is around that area. But to me ITs like the screen Is flexing as if it's not secured there or the frame is flexing . Hard to tell just seems a bit strange really.