5,599,616 Members 44,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to get the max out of our Z1 Cameras

Tip us?

Gemc666
Old
(Last edited by Gemc666; 5th December 2013 at 01:52 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Thumbs up How to get the max out of our Z1 Cameras

Hi guys, i found this very interesting post in a forum about the camera on our Z1, i may say, this guy cover every single aspect of the amateur-professional aspects of Photography and how to use it on our cameras, the bad thing is that is in Chinesse but google translator help a lot here

here's the link: http://translate.google.co.ve/transl...82382-1-1.html

some examples that what our cameras can do:

The table on each picture goes like this:

Author | Aperture
EV | Shutter Speed
ISO | Metering
White balance | Flash

If anyone knows chinesse and can tranlaste this table, would be more awesome!!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemc666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vengeance66
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Cool!

Interesting photos! I knew that these options were going to make the photos better!

Gotta try them out all!
Proud ex-owner of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i, Sony Xperia S and proud owner of Sony Xperia Z1!

jamespmi
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Thank you! proves that most complains come from nerds who believe that an awesome camera is the guaranty for good pictures. A messed up living room under low light condition doesn't look better with a professional SLR Camera. Why should a smartphone do the cleaning job? Nice view-found pictures.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

danw_oz
Old
(Last edited by danw_oz; 10th December 2013 at 08:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespmi View Post
Thank you! proves that most complains come from nerds who believe that an awesome camera is the guaranty for good pictures. A messed up living room under low light condition doesn't look better with a professional SLR Camera. Why should a smartphone do the cleaning job? Nice view-found pictures.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
Sorry dude, you couldn't be more wrong, pro SLR infact almost all SLR's will always look better, replace your comment (professional SLR Camera) with dedicated point and shoot cameras, then you got it spot on.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemc666 View Post
Hi guys, i found this very interesting post in a forum about the camera on our Z1, i may say, this guy cover every single aspect of the amateur-professional aspects of Photography and how to use it on our cameras, the bad thing is that is in Chinesse but google translator help a lot here
Great find, now I have a manual for the camera that Sony never provided me.

c312eal
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This was a very helpful post. Have not just learned how to use my phones camera better but also more on photography. Thanks

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app
Past Devices:
Sony Ericsson W810i
Sony Ericsson P1i
Blackberry 8310
iPhone 4

etismyname
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I can translate the table, but it really is just listing what features there are for which mode.
like for the superior auto, you can only set flash light, max resolution is 8mp, aspect ratio is 16:9 etc
manual let you set everything except at 20mp, you can't set scenery setting
The Following User Says Thank You to etismyname For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dundun1701
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by etismyname View Post
I can translate the table, but it really is just listing what features there are for which mode.
like for the superior auto, you can only set flash light, max resolution is 8mp, aspect ratio is 16:9 etc
You should try the three dots button on the left corner, which lets you set other setting, such as ISO
My phone: Z1
My ex-phone: K850i - C905 - Xperia X1i - X10i - Arc S- Xperia S
Xperia - Make Different

Gemc666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by etismyname View Post
Thanks!! can you tell me so i can put it on a new image with the translation in english?

omnius1
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:

The table on each picture goes like this:

Author | Aperture
EV | Shutter Speed
ISO | Metering
White balance | Flash
The metering, white balance, and flash are all purely in Chinese for each of the different modes. Can anyone tackle translating them?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

etismyname
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Thanks!! can you tell me so i can put it on a new image with the translation in english?
yup I will try:

拍攝模式 - camera mode
高級自動 - Superior auto
手動 - Manual
時光平移 - timeshift burst
圖片效果 - picture Effect
AR效果 - AR effect
全景掃描 - Sweep Panorama

自定義设定 - Manual
白平衡 -White Balance
(and I won't type out the chinese characters from here because I am really bad at it lol, from here on horizontally)
EV
Flash
Photo Pixel (not sure about this one, this is a direct translation, I am guessing it means that you can change the pixels in this mode if there is a tick)
Focus mode
ISO
Through the lens metering
Scenery mode selection

成像部分 - Resolution section
像素 = Pixel
next to it to the right:
Resolution size
Aspect ratio

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to etismyname For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]