CM 11 KitKat- some problems found and fixed + questions

Search This thread
Nov 25, 2013
Errors I resolved
- Swiping text input
- Partial root to full root (CM 11 by itself did not allow me to use Nandroid Manager because of this)

What I did fixed both
1. Installed CWM Superuser (Play Store)
2. Allowed Superuser app to update in recovery mode-- stayed in recovery
3. Advance options --> reboot to recovery
4. This prompted CWM recovery to fix root. Selected yes
5. Rebooted and these problems went away.

Not exactly sure how swipe input was fixed by this but I'm happy. Any ideas?

I must say deep sleep is very good, and a bit better than CM 10.2.

One thing i missed from CM 10.2 is the setting to turn off hardware button back lights. My
guess why its not in CM 11 is because development just started. So instead I found the app:
Night Mode which does the same thing plus dims the brightness even more.----> good battery saver
If this app can do it, i think the feature in CM 10.2 should still be able to work in CM 11.
This brings me to another question. Is there something i can tweak two permanently disable the hard-
ware button back lights?

Last edited:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537248

This is kitkat CM 11 the most recent development for ypg1 aka galaxy player 4.4

i went back to modified stock REDD because of some the issues i had with CM 11. Don't get me wrong cm 11 has quite a bit of features REDD doesn't have but it's a bit too unstable for me.

IMO CM10.1 is better than REDD in every way especially in battery life and best of all no bugs lol

Sent from my YP-G1 using xda app-developers app

Nov 25, 2013
hmm that sounds good. I'll have to check it out. I used to have CM 10.2. one thing I have experienced with with 10.2 and above is there are no Internet alerts when the screens off like Google voice. Is 10.1 the same as these?

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
hmm that sounds good. I'll have to check it out. I used to have CM 10.2. one thing I have experienced with with 10.2 and above is there are no Internet alerts when the screens off like Google voice. Is 10.1 the same as these?

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean by internet alerts lol

Nov 25, 2013
What do you mean by internet alerts lol

nvm mind; I figured my problem out. Google voice was set to receive notifications through the built in phone sms app instead of the google voice app. I have seen the light and am using 10.2. Btw do you think CM 10.1 is a better as dedicated music player (or simple tasks) rom than other roms?

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
nvm mind; I figured my problem out. Google voice was set to receive notifications through the built in phone sms app instead of the google voice app. I have seen the light and am using 10.2. Btw do you think CM 10.1 is a better as dedicated music player (or simple tasks) rom than other roms?

I like CM10.1 as a dedicated music player because it just works lol. Battery life is the best I've seen when just listening to music.