5,597,261 Members 40,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kitkat ROM development

Tip us?

stupid_one
Old
(Last edited by stupid_one; 11th December 2013 at 07:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default kitkat ROM development

what improvements do people want to see in the software on the G Pad? as in what features do we think are necessary on a custom g pad ROM?

contrary to a lot of the reviews, i feel that the stock LG software, optimus ui or whatever, is not THAT bad. overall minimal and the animations don't really seem to get in the way of performance and functionality mostly. thoughts on this?

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 54
This has been posted all over in the general forum. :-\

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
Me: Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to NJ_RAMS_FAN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iOSh8er
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
Your name, thread and wrong section...

Oh the irony.
LMAO

Support your Devs......
Support your Devs

jonup
Old
Thanks Meter 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid_one View Post
what improvements do people want to see in the software on the G Pad? as in what features do we think are necessary on a custom g pad ROM?

contrary to a lot of the reviews, i feel that the stock LG software, optimus ui or whatever, is not THAT bad. overall minimal and the animations don't really seem to get in the way of performance and functionality mostly. thoughts on this?
I completely agree on the stock ROM, but you can make it stutter a bit. A little ROM+Kernel optimization should do the trick. Maybe add OC and voltage control.

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Especially when you don't even understand the meaning of irony. Look it up! seriously, on your high horse and everything! Geez...

Idiot. Irony does NOT mean coincidence. This isn't an Alanis morisette song where you can call anything ironic and dance around and hope nobody noticed...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
I don't see how this comment is any better(name calling that is). Guys stop, we are trying to build a community to help each other. This type of stuff divides and does not help. If you can help out each other please post, if you can't just read and move on.
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"

stupid_one
Old
(Last edited by stupid_one; 11th December 2013 at 05:25 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
I don't see how this comment is any better(name calling that is). Guys stop, we are trying to build a community to help each other. This type of stuff divides and does not help. If you can help out each other please post, if you can't just read and move on.
Hey man. I totally agree with you. But these guys started it, after I just started a thread in the wrong section...

Jeez. SO SORRY I went straight to the android dev thread on tapatalk before checking the general one, by accident. Big deal, right?

But these guys started trolling, so I figure they should at least understand the words they are using..

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hey man. I totally agree with you. But these guys started it, after I just started a thread in the wrong section...

Jeez. SO SORRY I went straight to the android dev thread on crosstalk before checking the general one, by accident.

But these guys started trolling, so I figure they should at least understand the words they are using..

I understand and have been there before but lowering yourself to someone else's level isn't always the best policy. Some times the mature road is best.
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"

jonup
Old
Thanks Meter 1499
Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mustbepbs
Old
(Last edited by mustbepbs; 11th December 2013 at 05:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Especially when you don't even understand the meaning of irony. Look it up! seriously, on your high horse and everything! Geez...

Idiot. Irony does NOT mean coincidence. This isn't an Alanis morisette song where you can call anything ironic and dance around and hope nobody noticed...

Not worth it. Edited.