XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Time to dump it?

Tip us?

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 792
Default Time to dump it?

Well guys, here I am with major thoughts of dumping my Note 3 and ending my short couple of month love affair with it.

I just feel that this device underachieved for me. My major beef with it is the poor wifi and overall network performance of the phone with no fix in sight. I can't stand the instability of the wifi performance. I also hate the speaker on this thing.

I also am disappointed with the community. I don't know what it is, but this community doesn't seem very active or have big numbers. I understand maybe a lot of people shy away because of the locked bootloader and such, but it just seems like low activity here.

With that being said, not all hope is lost. I still like this phone overall. I got in on the Cyber Monday deal for a $350 Moto X. I am making my decision easy for myself. If I like the Moto X, I am keeping it and dumping my Note 3. If I don't, I will keep my Note 3 for a little while longer.

And I understand that these phones are on opposite sides of the spectrum. But something intrigues me about the Moto X.

Ultimately I know that nobody probably cares. And that's cool, you can simply ignore this thread. But for anyone else, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
My major beef with it is the poor wifi and overall network performance of the phone with no fix in sight. I can't stand the instability of the wifi performance.
I wouldn't put up with that, either. But my N3's WiFi and 4G connections have been excellent. Have you tried exchanging your phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary02468 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
I'd love to dump mine also .. having all the same issues in regards to the WiFi and network connectivity. Problem I have, I rooted mine and now I get that B/S "Custom" boot .. I've read through everything up here in regards to getting rid of that boot screen and so far NOTHING has worked. So right now, unless I find a way to hard brick my phone, I'm stuck with this damn thing.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Kernel: 3.4.0-722276
Baseband: N900AUCUCNC2
Build: KOT49H.N900AUCUCNC2

Device: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Build: V700XXUBNA6

OLD Devices:
SGN II - Titanium (eBay)
HTC One X - Grey (Brother)
SGS IV - Red Aurora (eBay)
SGS IV - Black Mist (exchanged for above phone)
SGN II - Titanium (Sold)
SGS III - Garnet Red (Wife)
SGS III - Pebble Blue (exchanged for above phone)
SGS III - Marble White (died !!)
SGS II Skyrocket (eBay)

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post
I'd love to dump mine also .. having all the same issues in regards to the WiFi and network connectivity. Problem I have, I rooted mine and now I get that B/S "Custom" boot .. I've read through everything up here in regards to getting rid of that boot screen and so far NOTHING has worked. So right now, unless I find a way to hard brick my phone, I'm stuck with this damn thing.
Restore stock or use wanam.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93 <--- Right on the money

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

thejmannnc
Old
Thanks Meter 44
What ROM are you using? My T-Mobile note 3 using att has excellent 4g LTE coverage but when I had T-Mobile coverage at first it sucked! I'm talking bad!! Barely any data connection if any and dropped a lot of calls. As far as WiFi I get excellent coverage also. Don't give up on your note 3 just yet. Just give up on t mobile!! If you use Chainfire's region unlock app from play store and switch to an att carrier, (like net 10 or Straight talk $45 a month) you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 LTE

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary02468 View Post
I wouldn't put up with that, either. But my N3's WiFi and 4G connections have been excellent. Have you tried exchanging your phone?
I had the same issues with my previous one. I'm on at&t and I've seen threads about the same issues that I'm having. It seems pretty common.

Quote:
Why not just sell it and get something else? The Note 3 is still going for decent money on Swappa and most people prefer to buy rooted phones on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejmannnc View Post
What ROM are you using? My T-Mobile note 3 using att has excellent 4g LTE coverage but when I had T-Mobile coverage at first it sucked! I'm talking bad!! Barely any data connection if any and dropped a lot of calls. As far as WiFi I get excellent coverage also. Don't give up on your note 3 just yet. Just give up on t mobile!! If you use Chainfire's region unlock app from play store and switch to an att carrier, (like net 10 or Straight talk $45 a month) you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 LTE
I'm on at&t.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LordGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzMcNizz View Post
Restore stock or use wanam.
Well I would restore stock if it was available, but its not !!!

As for Wanam, I have also tried this .. I have tried everything that has been described in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559961 .. nothing worked, I still have the custom start screen.

thejmannnc .. read my signature .. MJ5
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Kernel: 3.4.0-722276
Baseband: N900AUCUCNC2
Build: KOT49H.N900AUCUCNC2

Device: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Build: V700XXUBNA6

OLD Devices:
SGN II - Titanium (eBay)
HTC One X - Grey (Brother)
SGS IV - Red Aurora (eBay)
SGS IV - Black Mist (exchanged for above phone)
SGN II - Titanium (Sold)
SGS III - Garnet Red (Wife)
SGS III - Pebble Blue (exchanged for above phone)
SGS III - Marble White (died !!)
SGS II Skyrocket (eBay)

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Well I would restore stock if it was available, but its not !!!

As for Wanam, I have also tried this .. I have tried everything that has been described in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559961 .. nothing worked, I still have the custom start screen.

thejmannnc .. read my signature .. MJ5
You can restore on mj5.

*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93 <--- Right on the money

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

Rippley05
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzMcNizz View Post
You can restore on mj5.

Can you restore on mj5 after rooting with Kingo? I read you can use Kingos "unroot" then factory reset, but I dunno.

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13088
Probably best to use the the already established thread for this this type discussion. ..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466099
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe