[Q] Galaxy SL I9003 - Data and Internal memory corrupted

Tip us?

tpriyan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Galaxy SL I9003 - Data and Internal memory corrupted

Hi,

My Galaxy SL i9003 suddenly lost all my personal settings like contacts and data.
I flashed the stock rom to see if the issue is resolved. It didn't help. Resulted in a boot screen loop.

Flashed with Cyanogenmod 7.2 now the phone boots. But the data partition stays temporary, it clears on every boot.

When i try to use Clockworkmod to format data, it fails and internal memory isn't working either. I have seen few posts to overcome the internal memory failure. But none refer to corrupted data partition.

I think this is a hardware failure of data and internal memory and my phone is already out of warranty and i don't want to spend money on my already aged phone.

Is there a way i can force the system to mount data partition from sd card in cyanogenmod 7.2.

I tried mounting data after the system boots using terminal in my phone and phone crashed immediately. Tried mounting data/data partition alone, the phone does not crash but doesn't pick the data from the newly mounted data/data partition.

Is there a way i can mount data partition from sdcard, before the actual boot process begins

Thanks in advance

Bala.

maxs8007
Old
Thanks Meter 27
try to factory reset your phone. settings - backup and reset - factory data reset.. and do a full factory reset..it saved mine.. hope this saves your phone too..

tpriyan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxs8007 View Post
try to factory reset your phone. settings - backup and reset - factory data reset.. and do a full factory reset..it saved mine.. hope this saves your phone too..
I tried that a lot of times... Flashed with odin too.. didnt help.. Think my data partiton hardware is gone