5,598,779 Members 35,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Tablet S 4.03 r1a Rootable?

Tip us?

givecake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sony Tablet S 4.03 r1a Rootable?

Hi all. I was here some months back, trying to root the device (which I had upgraded to firmware 4.03 r1a) and I tried all the scripts, the allinone and other ADB commands. Multiple times. Got this device in China, and didn't have any luck rooting it.

Now after not using the device for months, I turn it on and notice r5a is available. I thought.. hmm, maybe upgrading it will make it harder once again to root it, so I better check online to see if there's a root available now or not. I've been looking around and can't find any real answers on this.

So, just wanted to ask: Is the Sony Tablet S 4.03 r1a rootable now?
Thanks!

limax182
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by givecake View Post
Hi all. I was here some months back, trying to root the device (which I had upgraded to firmware 4.03 r1a) and I tried all the scripts, the allinone and other ADB commands. Multiple times. Got this device in China, and didn't have any luck rooting it.

Now after not using the device for months, I turn it on and notice r5a is available. I thought.. hmm, maybe upgrading it will make it harder once again to root it, so I better check online to see if there's a root available now or not. I've been looking around and can't find any real answers on this.

So, just wanted to ask: Is the Sony Tablet S 4.03 r1a rootable now?
Thanks!
Yes it's rootable... I think you didn't look around so well cause its a sticky thread in Tablet S Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
[?] FAQ [?] Please Read Here First

Regards!

givecake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by limax182 View Post
Yes it's rootable... I think you didn't look around so well cause its a sticky thread in Tablet S Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
[?] FAQ [?] Please Read Here First

Regards!
Hi and thanks for reply

I did follow the instructions on this page but that was probably last January. I couldn't find any specifics about a Chinese firmware with 4.03 r1a, so was just wondering if this guide was valid for it.

I suppose I'll try it again, and see if anything's changed.
Thanks.

limax182
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by givecake View Post
Hi and thanks for reply

I did follow the instructions on this page but that was probably last January. I couldn't find any specifics about a Chinese firmware with 4.03 r1a, so was just wondering if this guide was valid for it.

I suppose I'll try it again, and see if anything's changed.
Thanks.
In that page I see there's a CHINA DEVICE TUTORIAL! v0.4.... You should try it
Regards!