XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Major issues on verizon G2

Tip us?

cornelious1212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Major issues on verizon G2

I was running Gummy's 4.4 ROM and wanted to try a stock ROM. Downloaded Malladus and its GAPPS. I booted into recovery wiped and tried to flashs. The ROM would not flash, it sat on the install screen for about 20 minutes. I decided to hold down the power button and try and get back into recovery, wipe again and restore my backup. Now I can't get back into recovery no amount of holding the volume down and power button will get me there. It boots to the LG logo and thats it. I'm pretty much dead in the water unless anybody has some ideas.

antinorm
Old
Thanks Meter 23
The G2 is finicky about pushing the power+volume down buttons just right to get into recovery. What I've found that works is to hold power until the phone shuts down. Then, power it on by holding power+volume down. When the LG logo appears, release the two buttons and then immediately hold them back down again.
The Following User Says Thank You to antinorm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cornelious1212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
OK I'm back in business. After dozens and dozens of button holds, I finally got it to boot to the LG factory reset screen. I chose yes to a factory reset and it immediately booted into TWRP. I restored my backup which was thankfully still there and all is right with the world. Strangest thing I've seen in all my flashing days on 4 different phones.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

ars0n
Old
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
what works for me to get into recovery is holding down the vol and power while it boots, the second you see the lg screen release the vol down and power, then hit ONLY the power button.. for some reason I get better results that way..