XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tegra Note vs N7 2013

Tip us?

umangleekha
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Tablet Tegra Note vs N7 2013

Xolo is launching tegra note powered by tegra 4 in my country for Rs18000 and N7 2013 is available for Rs21000
Tegra 4 has 4 cortex a-15 @1.8Ghz and I don't know much about GPU, but tegra note has 1280x800 pixels
I would prefer better gaming but I don't know much about the GPU frequency, 72 cores doesn't matter as those are not real cores, they all are not used i think ?
which one is better according to you?
My Experience-
LGP500 Optimus One
Best GB ROM - neko95's ginger snap
Best ICS ROM - neko95's ICYsnap
Best GB KERNEL - DJNOxD's latest ta vsync
Best ICS KERNEL - Stock

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rkial
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Anandtech did a detailed review of the EVGA tegra Note.
Have a look... Might help you..
I'd personally stay away mostly because of Xolo

adellon92
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I think the tegra note has just 1gb of ram, it is useful for note taking though I presume, since the galaxy note tab with the spen works flawlessly for note taking, while my nexus 7 with a $2 stylus isn't that functional. I would only buy the tegra if you need you tab for note taking, drawing, etc. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by adellon92 View Post
I think the tegra note has just 1gb of ram, it is useful for note taking though I presume, since the galaxy note tab with the spen works flawlessly for note taking, while my nexus 7 with a $2 stylus isn't that functional. I would only buy the tegra if you need you tab for note taking, drawing, etc. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I bought an Advent Tegra Note yesterday. The screen is the weakest point so far. It looks very washed out and bland. Whites look kind of yellow, while colours are very muted. I spent some time looking at the Tegra Note and the 2013 Nexus 7 side by side and the Nexus screen is vastly superior, partly due to the extra resolution, but also due to its colour reproduction.

The reasons I bought the Note in spite of the poor screen are: It's very very quick indeed. My first benchmark run in Antutu beat the Note 3. Secondly I wanted an expansion slot so I can store a reasonable amount of music locally rather than in the cloud. Thirdly, I wanted to be able ton mirror the screen to a TV and use USB OTG at the same time - having a separate HDMI output allows this in theory (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" can also do this by way of an adapter).

Did I mention how quick it is?