5,596,354 Members 38,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

mishap while flashing back to stock.how/where to get original fw. is it bricked?

Tip us?

zenorth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default mishap while flashing back to stock.how/where to get original fw. is it bricked?

i had root per odin + cwm + x-note v5.1 rom. had mj1, but knoxed it 01.

since i wanted to return the device, i wanted to get the original branded firmware. instead of reading a lot of pages (took me quite some
reading to flash a different rom as a noob), i thought i take a short cut and went ahead and pressed reset on the regular settings menu
(thinking, that somewhere on the device the original fw should be stored). i wiped everything off. so after that, while booting up only the
x-logo appeared and nothing else happend. i had to take the battery away to stop it spinning perpetually. i have no clue, but i suppose i
took root away while erasing everything and that's why i can't start the device or pass the booting process.

so here's my question: how to get root again? how to start the device w/o it beeing in this perpetual x-note 5.1 cross? and where to get
the original fw? how to proceed to get back to the original fw? is it definitely bricked? things are getting over my head and i have till tomorrow to fix this problem.
hadn't made a backup. the only backup i have is an efs backup (14mb file). how do i proceed to get back to a branded firmware ? and where
to get it.

any help is appreciated. thx

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1260
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenorth View Post
i had root per odin + cwm + x-note v5.1 rom. had mj1, but knoxed it 01.

since i wanted to return the device, i wanted to get the original branded firmware. instead of reading a lot of pages (took me quite some
reading to flash a different rom as a noob), i thought i take a short cut and went ahead and pressed reset on the regular settings menu
(thinking, that somewhere on the device the original fw should be stored). i wiped everything off. so after that, while booting up only the
x-logo appeared and nothing else happend. i had to take the battery away to stop it spinning perpetually. i have no clue, but i suppose i
took root away while erasing everything and that's why i can't start the device or pass the booting process.

so here's my question: how to get root again? how to start the device w/o it beeing in this perpetual x-note 5.1 cross? and where to get
the original fw? how to proceed to get back to the original fw? is it definitely bricked? things are getting over my head and i have till tomorrow to fix this problem.
hadn't made a backup. the only backup i have is an efs backup (14mb file). how do i proceed to get back to a branded firmware ? and where
to get it.

any help is appreciated. thx
get it from www.sammobile.com
the problem is the download links there are down have a look and see if it works you might be lucky
if i helped hit the Thanks Button

zenorth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
hi jaythenut,

thanx for your answer, i heard of sammobile. is there another place? and i'm still not aware how to solve my prob> reinstall cwm + the rom
or bypass that and go directly to the other original rom? as of right now, there's just a constant boot. any ideas? in case i would be able
to install a new rom and the device is not bricked, how to unroot after installing the original fw? via supersu? it says permanently
unroot. how permanently is that?

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1260
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenorth View Post
hi jaythenut,

thanx for your answer, i heard of sammobile. is there another place? and i'm still not aware how to solve my prob> reinstall cwm + the rom
or bypass that and go directly to the other original rom? as of right now, there's just a constant boot. any ideas? in case i would be able
to install a new rom and the device is not bricked, how to unroot after installing the original fw? via supersu? it says permanently
unroot. how permanently is that?
It's not permanently unroot you can root it any time you want
Have you got Cwm on the phone if so just flash a new rom if you want stock this one is stock http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2461929
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zenorth
Old
(Last edited by zenorth; 11th December 2013 at 06:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
hi jaythenut, i hit the thx button this time.

i've got the fw now. not via sammobile since they had a rapidgator link and it wasn't free. i went into cwm recovery mode and re-installed the x-note 5.1 rom, so now the device is alive and running. good. now, that i got the branded mj1 fw, do i install it via odin or via cwm recovery? as a zip or extracted? and afterwards, when the fw branded rom is back on, how do i unroot the device? with supersu? and how do i delete the cwm itself as i don't want to leave a trace or obvious trace when i go into the shop and try to return it? thx for any input