5,595,428 Members 48,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get Tasker to start daydream when screen is off but not docked/charging?

Tip us?

tdmodcon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] How to get Tasker to start daydream when screen is off but not docked/charging?

Hello, all! I have searched tasker guides, and looked everywhere I can think of and can't figure it out. Looking to start Daydream when screen state is off but not docked or charging. Doesn't work for me no matter what I try. "Daydream Launcher" app can not be used as it does not work on it's own to start Daydream much less with tasker profile - appears 4.3 isn't being supported at this time from comments. I am trying with profile:State>Display>Display state>Off to trigger task: Plugin>Secure Settings>Configuration>Helper Action>Day Dream State>On OR task: Plugin>Secure Settings>Configuration>Helper Action>Day Dream>Clock plus (or whatever else) I get nothing either way. Daydream works fine on dock or charge. Anyone have any advice? Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

patrick_1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I'm sure one of our dev's will tackle that eventually..def would be a sweet little tweek.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjcollum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4654

DONATE TO ME
I had something like that working at one point.

If no one else gets to it I'll add it to my list to take a look at as soon as I get a couple of other projects out and posted.

If you really want it done. get a hold of @nala_ and tell her @mjcollum said to add it to the to do list.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mjcollum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdmodcon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum View Post
I had something like that working at one point.

If no one else gets to it I'll add it to my list to take a look at as soon as I get a couple of other projects out and posted.

If you really want it done. get a hold of @nala_ and tell her @mjcollum said to add it to the to do list.

Thanks - it's driving me crazy just because it's beating me!

mjcollum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4654

DONATE TO ME
Do you need a Tasker task it will probably be easier to just add it in as a function of the apk. (With a n off command)

The Following User Says Thank You to mjcollum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdmodcon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum View Post
Do you need a Tasker task it will probably be easier to just add it in as a function of the apk. (With a n off command)

Definitely does not have to be Tasker - that was just the only way I personally was approaching it. apk would be just as awesome or better.
Thank you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tdmodcon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]