How to Backup & Restore (non-gmail) Email Accounts

Search This thread

edwmsjr

Mar 23, 2011
Virginia
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I finally figured out how to backup and restore all of my non-gmail email accounts, without having to go through the setup process for each account after flashing a new rom or any other time I do a reset for whatever reason.

Backup/Restore Method:

Simply install Kies on your PC or Mac, turn "USB debugging" on under "Developer Options" and connect you device to your computer. Once connected, click the Backup/Restore tab in Kies and scroll down to the "account information & settings" section. Select "email account information" and click the backup button. Now you've got a copy of the settings for all of your non-gmail accounts on your computer. Whenever you need to restore them, just connect to Kies and perform a restore. After the restore completes, open the email app & click "show all folders" under each account. Hope this helps someone out as much as it has me! :D

** NOTE: It appears that the MJE update removed the "PUSH" sync option for imap accounts, so you may want to double check your sync settings if you were using "push" prior to the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: dep169

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I finally figured out how to backup and restore all of my non-gmail email accounts, without having to go through the setup process for each account after flashing a new rom or any other time I do a reset for whatever reason.

Backup/Restore Method:

Simply install Kies on your PC or Mac, turn "USB debugging" on under "Developer Options" and connect you device to your computer. Once connected, click the Backup/Restore tab in Kies and scroll down to the "account information & settings" section. Select "email account information" and click the backup button. Now you've got a copy of the settings for all of your non-gmail accounts on your computer. Whenever you need to restore them, just connect to Kies and perform a restore. After the restore completes, open the email app & click "show all folders" under each account. Hope this helps someone out as much as it has me! :D

** NOTE: It appears that the MJE update removed the "PUSH" sync option for imap accounts, so you may want to double check your sync settings if you were using "push" prior to the update.

I use titanium to backup accounts, works great. Even backs up Haxsync and Facebook.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Backup/Restore Method: