XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod CM11

Tip us?

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket321 View Post
I have read that if you use GAPPS, you need to flash a special ART compatible version if you want to use the ART runtime.
You need the odexed GApps from Paranoid Android is my understanding.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chombombo View Post
it was the same GAPPS i used on my Nexus 7 tho, ohh well, im gonna have to read up on it, i did try looking for info here at xda but couldnt find much, didnt have much much time to look though.

I just Installed the newest nightly and Xposed Installer+GravityBox(KK) to make up for the past CM features such as controlling the brightness witht the status bar and changing the launching application on the notification bar's Time & Date. One feature I am still missing is removing the names of the apps on the homescreen... If you like extra features and modifications to your guy's phone i highly recomment Xposed+Gravitybox. Here is the link for who ever is interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

Im loving 4.4 even with a broken screen which i hoping to abandon soon, but it really feels like a new phone and new experience, i know there wasnt much change but still :P
Xposed is a must-have in my book, I always use it regardless of how many customizations are available in a custom ROM. Currently it fills a lot of customization gaps for me on the first official CM 11 nightly, I really like XBlast Tools and XUI Mod.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chombombo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried installing 2 different GAPPS i believe both from PA. well... it erased the CM launcher which i was using only in my phone (using googles launcher in my CM11 nexus 7) and it would still not go to ART runtime. I tried reflashing the nightlie rom to see if it would install back the launcher...it didnt, no big deal... decided to install the previous batch of GAPPS for some weird reason. As stubborn as I am I tried the ART runtime again and it works now... no CM launcher but thats an easy fix it just gave me some issues with apps like G+ and keep but that should be another easy fix...

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

after ALL that, i went to xposed put all my setting back restarted the phone and ART was gone... so at the moment its either ART or extra featured from Xposed...bummer I really want to try ART with the extra features... hopefully CM puts them back on their settings just as an FYI for everyone...