5,593,876 Members 46,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Copying EFS folder to other identical phone?

Tip us?

AlwaysNoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Copying EFS folder to other identical phone?

I have two identical Note 3 from AT&T. (Mine and my wife's) I screwed my phone and do not have backup of the EFS folder. Can I copy my wife's EFS folder to my phone?

If my copy my wife's EFS folder to my phone, will it cause IMEI duplication on our phones?

Paulita1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysNoob View Post
I have two identical Note 3 from AT&T. (Mine and my wife's) I screwed my phone and do not have backup of the EFS folder. Can I copy my wife's EFS folder to my phone?

If my copy my wife's EFS folder to my phone, will it cause IMEI duplication on our phones?
If you did not make any backup of your EFS folder, and your IMEI is messed up, this could be your solution to recover your lost IMEI. NOTE THAT AT LEAST YOU MUST HAVE THE SHIPPED ORIGINAL EFS FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE ( even if you didn't make a backup of it yet and even it's messed up ) FOR THIS METHOD TO WORK

AlwaysNoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulita1 View Post
If you did not make any backup of your EFS folder, and your IMEI is messed up, this could be your solution to recover your lost IMEI. NOTE THAT AT LEAST YOU MUST HAVE THE SHIPPED ORIGINAL EFS FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE ( even if you didn't make a backup of it yet and even it's messed up ) FOR THIS METHOD TO WORK
So I can use the EFS folder from another identical phone? Will both phones have same IMEI if I copy it?
Tags
efs, n900a