5,604,730 Members 33,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Becoming a Developer?

Tip us?
 
xTurtlex
Old
#1  
xTurtlex's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hemet
Default [Q] Becoming a Developer?

Id like to become a developer. How can one go about doing this? What should you start out with? Id love to develop apps and actually learn to hack into software. Any suggestions?
 
Spug
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
I am also interested in tinkering a bit, i have the currently little supported galaxy fame so thought i may be able help a bit.
but im a total noob
cheers
Spug
 
xMDKx
Old
#3  
xMDKx's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manaus
Well, best you both start to dig in Android Developer site [1], and get the Android SDK [2]. There are a lot of tutorials and samples to start developing for Android. Someday you can try Android NDK [3] for native development too.

But if you not know how to program at all, better to look at another place to learn how.

Good luck!

[1][2][3] I can't post links yet =/
The Following User Says Thank You to xMDKx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
luischo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
At first, you need to select a programming code, java is the best to program in Android, but you can develop with html and phonegap (and other codes).
The Following User Says Thank You to luischo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Fantassy123
Old
#5  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 206
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTurtlex View Post
Id like to become a developer. How can one go about doing this? What should you start out with? Id love to develop apps and actually learn to hack into software. Any suggestions?
It depends on what you want to do.
If you want to develop a ROM for your phone, it's easy if you have a base rom but if you want to start from scratch, you need much more experience.
This is a good guide for building/Creating a rom, Which can be found here.

If you want to develop an App follow this guide here.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fantassy123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xTurtlex
Old
#6  
xTurtlex's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hemet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMDKx View Post
Well, best you both start to dig in Android Developer site [1], and get the Android SDK [2]. There are a lot of tutorials and samples to start developing for Android. Someday you can try Android NDK [3] for native development too.

But if you not know how to program at all, better to look at another place to learn how.

Good luck!

[1][2][3] I can't post links yet =/
Are all Android SDK's the same or are there different versions? Is there a better one to use?
 
Shark_On_Land
Old
#7  
Shark_On_Land's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 798
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Jose, Cali

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTurtlex View Post
Are all Android SDK's the same or are there different versions? Is there a better one to use?

The sdk is updated for every version of android. You don't need froyo or dounut


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

1.6 0r 2.2


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Shark_On_Land For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes