XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Glas from LG 2 def.

Tip us?

svemo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Glas from LG 2 def.

Any Idee ? LCD is OK the glas is damage. How can i by it. It is easy to repair ?

Thanks svemo

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk

gagan97
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hi , its repairable mean u will need to buy new glass, my glass has broken twice both the times touch and everything was working except glass had lots cracks. It costs arnd 2000/- INR ( approx 35 $) in India.
After second time my glass broke i feel like replacement part from LG service center are not of good quality. First time it was my mistake but second time it was hardly a simple fall on floor. anyways get it changes from LG repair center they can do it in few minutes if they have the part available.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Hi , its repairable mean u will need to buy new glass, my glass has broken twice both the times touch and everything was working except glass had lots cracks. It costs arnd 2000/- INR ( approx 35 $) in India.
After second time my glass broke i feel like replacement part from LG service center are not of good quality. First time it was my mistake but second time it was hardly a simple fall on floor. anyways get it changes from LG repair center they can do it in few minutes if they have the part available.
  • - LG optimus 2x
  • - CM 10.2 The ROM build 26 | Kowalski Kernel
  • - BB 9560 non-camera
  • - Nokia C2-02 ( not updated OS)
  • - Moto G

lbt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
There are several disassembly/repair videos on Youtube that explain the whole thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rXX7Rm4gnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8hBaZt__o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqr24qLuXCE

In my opinion, it is fairly easy to repair, but I have repaired some devices before. If you haven't, watch the videos and decide for yourself.
Get the right tools and replacement parts, a glass/digitizer is like 20€ on Ebay, have some glue, and you may or may not need the filler pads that go around the glass border (I repaired mine without the filler pads).
LG Optimus 2X
LG Optimus 4X HD

tiithe
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Better buy a digitizer with side bezel attached. They are a little expensive, but a lot easier to change. I ordered only digitizer and used 3M thin double sided tape to glue it, but that is a pain in the ass to fix properly.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: LG p990
ROM: PA / Kowalski
BB: V30B

Ajsh
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiithe View Post
Better buy a digitizer with side bezel attached.
Definitely the easiest way and I recommend it since I'm sure your frame is also damaged.

Changed my screen to a white one from eBay yesterday I bought a bezel and digitizer separately . I received double-sided tape with the bezel (or frame) which made it very easy to attach. But I hade to use the small filters and other details from my old phone. Works great!

Just make sure to not get fingerprints on the LCD itself, it's very hard to remove and also be careful when removing the LCD, it's attached a bit hard and it's easily damaged. I cracked one.

A side note: on eBay the pictures of the chinese digitizers are without the LG logo at the top. But they do have it, just copyright stuff you know.

GL;HF

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

tiithe
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajsh View Post

A side note: on eBay the pictures of the chinese digitizers are without the LG logo at the top. But they do have it, just copyright stuff you know.
My digitizer had a small black tape over the LG logo as it arrived I think the cheap ones are also not made from Gorilla glass. My e-bay digitizer has already some scratches (less than a month of use... original lasted almost two years before I faceplanted it to the road)
Phone: LG p990
ROM: PA / Kowalski
BB: V30B

vikicurup
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Better buy a digitizer with side bezel attached. They are a little expensive, but a lot easier to change. I ordered only digitizer and used 3M thin double sided tape to glue it, but that is a pain in the ass to fix properly.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
yea this is the easiest way

spikethorn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
easiest way is getting a new glas complet with new frame and some uv bonding liquid all together costs about 40 in germany and takes about 45 minutes to do.
i started repairing my own phone then thought it is a piece of cake fixing displays and now fix displays for cheap money for friends!

videos you can watch are from "irepairfast" on youtube ....

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
My digitizer had a small black tape over the LG logo as it arrived I think the cheap ones are also not made from Gorilla glass. My e-bay digitizer has already some scratches (less than a month of use... original lasted almost two years before I faceplanted it to the road)
well i bought my new digitizer with frame for only 35 and i am a technician, i have allways got dirt in my pockets and i dont have any bumpers or plastic covers over my phone.