5,599,977 Members 44,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Message Access Profile [MAP] on Windows Phone 8?

Tip us?

raph84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Message Access Profile [MAP] on Windows Phone 8?

Is MAP (to sync SMS and E-Mails, possibly the Calendar to devices such as Navigation Systems (Kenwood, Ford, BMW) or Smartwatches (Pebble)) functional on any WP 8 device in any version (GDR2 / GDR3)?

According to some articles, Nokia wanted to (or did already) implement MAP as part of the "Transfer My Data" App?
(e.g.) wpcentral.com/nokia-adding-bluetooth-support-message-access-profile-map-future-update

Wondering if I could get, or expect MAP Support for my Ativ S.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2473
Transfer My Data is indeed supposedly capable of transferring SMS. It's possible to install it using a proxy to spoof the device ID.

I don't know how easy it is access such things through third-party apps, though. I also don't know about support for any of the devices you mention. If it's not available now, it's probably coming in WP8.1, expected early next year (about when GDR4 would otherwise be released) although I suppose it's possible that it's part of the next "service pack" style update, which mostly adds a bunch of business-y stuff (S/MIME email, mobile device management rules, VPNs, etc.)
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.