XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Evo 4g Lte wont boot into android

Tip us?

ViolentLambs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] My Evo 4g Lte wont boot into android

im not new here but today i made an account because not only do i love this place its the best place for rooting and troubleshooting. i have a few tricks to share in one of those troubleshooting forums that could be useful.

I'm not a noob and im very comfortable with flashing roms and kernels. Though my phones a unique case.. before i ever rooted or even tampered with the phone the audio cut out. not a single sound comes out the speaker, headphone jack, and even bluetooth. when i did have stock sense anytime i got a call or wanted to play some music my phone would freeze then reboot. every single time. for awhile roms fixed it, to be more specific cyanogenmod fixed it. Even with no sound it causes some other smaller issues too. The phone wont auto rotate, any app that requires sound like games and youtube will either quit instantly or i will have to force close them. Its been going on for about 7months now (stuck in a contract with sprint and they won't honor the TEP).Today i tried using ViperRUU to return to fresh stock and try again to solve the audio problem and everything went as it should except it just won't boot into android. I thought it might be the kernel but that wasn't it. I tried flashing another sense rom and its kernel and the same thing happens it just sits there with a black screen. those who have HTC's newer phones, i tried holding the power button to restart the phone and thats all it will let me do. While on the black screen i connected it to my computer and it knows it there so i guess its not totally bricked, i think the right term is Softbricked? i looked in other posts to see if anyone had the same issue as me and i apologize if i didnt look hard enough to find one. I'm clueless on what to do. if its not the rom, kernal, or recovery what could it be? even trying to restore from a sense backup gets the same results. It just sits there with a black blank screen.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this as I am new to posting here,I Also marked this as question because if im understanding this right that is right? Thank you everyone in advance for the help

FinZ28
Old
(Last edited by FinZ28; 11th December 2013 at 08:25 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1608

DONATE TO ME
Some more information would be useful. If you can get to your bootloader, what is your Hboot version, radio (baseband) version, are you S-on or S-off, and what's the status of the bootloader (locked, unlocked, relocked)? What recovery are you using?

Also, when you connect to your computer, what does your phone show up as?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

aarsyl
Old
Thanks Meter 576
And is there water damage at any point? That sounds like faulty hardware, like a broken/melted chip. Do you overclock?

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel

ViolentLambs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default my phone info

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
Some more information would be useful. If you can get to your bootloader, what is your Hboot version, radio (baseband) version, are you S-on or S-off, and what's the status of the bootloader (locked, unlocked, relocked)? What recovery are you using?

Also, when you connect to your computer, what does your phone show up as?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
Jewel PVT SHIP S-ON RL

HBOOT-2.09.0000

RADIO-1.12.11.1210

OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815

eMMC-boot

bootloader status: *** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***

TWRP Version v2.6.3.0

I used htc dev to unlock it but fastboot says its unlocked, I got an ota update several months ago. I wasn't thinking and updated it and ever since it has never said S-OFF.

TWRP says theres an os on the system partition 880 something megabytes.

ViolentLambs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default it has a bit of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
And is there water damage at any point? That sounds like faulty hardware, like a broken/melted chip. Do you overclock?

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel
after like a month of owning the phone, i was in gym class one day. Felt my phone vibrate, went to the drinking fountain so my phone wouldn't be confinscated. i pressed the sleep button and BAM screen cracked. Not the glass just the screen. long story short, sprint wouldn't honor the warrenty and i don't have a lot of money so im not paying $200 for another phone when I already paid an extra $60 a month for a TEP plan witch i gladly removed. over a year I replaced the screen twice ($140 total still under the $200). I don't do the over-clocking stuff because my battery is bad enough already. I talked to htc about my phones audio problem and they have no record of any other customers with this issue i love my phone but having no sound is extremely fustrating.