5,600,053 Members 43,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VZW Note 2, instal CWM from RM and device locked. Help please.

Tip us?

larry0071
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] VZW Note 2, instal CWM from RM and device locked. Help please.

I rooted my new factory refurb Note 2 and installed Rom Manager thinking I would install CWM and do a backup. I opened Rom Manager and gave root access to it, chose to instal CWM and the phone showed the download, shut down and restarts to a screen saying System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help.

I would assume that this is NOT something I want to go to the Verizon store with! Can anyone help me get back into my phone?
HTC Tunda Bow BAMF SoaB Sense 3.5, I am in love!
Samsung GS Fascinate Adrynalyne SC

BluGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You have to unlock your bootloader first before loading a custom recovery. You will need to return to stock using odin. Guide can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34891181

Once you are back to stock use Casual to root and unlock. Directions for that are in the post I previously linked to.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to BluGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

larry0071
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you! our the best! I am back up and running. I do really appreciate you pointing me to that extremely helpful and complete thread that solved all of the issues. Again, THANK YOU!
HTC Tunda Bow BAMF SoaB Sense 3.5, I am in love!
Samsung GS Fascinate Adrynalyne SC
Tags
cwm, locked, note 2, rom manager, verizon