XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What radio is in CM 11?

Tip us?

JGeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] What radio is in CM 11?

New to the Note world. Got a used AT&T i717 in excellent condition. Tried just about every recent ROM and radio combo (Blaze and 7 others). I'm using Wind Mobile. The only way I get any signal (even locking to 1700) is with Padawan's included AT&T radio. Even then it was pretty spotty.

Fast forward to my question. I just flashed the latest CM 11 and it's included radio is spectacular! While CM 11 is nice, I'd rather extract this radio and use it with BlackStar or something else slicker looking. Does anyone know what radio this is and/or how I can pull it out? The phone says baseband unknown.

Thanks!

CalcProgrammer1
Old
Thanks Meter 542
I don't think CM11 includes a radio, I had UCLD3 before on 10.2 (got it when I had to reformat my phone entirely through Odin) and it's persisted across several ROMs now. I use my i717 on T-Mobile and had perfect LTE with UCLD3 and CM10.2, but I got my Note 3 now so my i717 is WiFi only now. Using CM11 now and although no SIM is inserted it still shows UCLD3 in the status.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 16GB
HP TouchPad 32GB
Archos 43 Internet Tablet - 16GB + 32GB mSD
Dell Axim X50v - 128MB + 16GB CF

JGeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
I don't think CM11 includes a radio, I had UCLD3 before on 10.2 (got it when I had to reformat my phone entirely through Odin) and it's persisted across several ROMs now. I use my i717 on T-Mobile and had perfect LTE with UCLD3 and CM10.2, but I got my Note 3 now so my i717 is WiFi only now. Using CM11 now and although no SIM is inserted it still shows UCLD3 in the status.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Ah, a quick check shows you're right. Now I'm stuck to find which radio it was before. Very strange though since it must have been an "ICS" or earlier flash and it worked great with the 4.4 in CM 11.

mcernuto
Old
(Last edited by mcernuto; 11th December 2013 at 07:50 PM.) Reason: link wasnt posted
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGeek View Post
Ah, a quick check shows you're right. Now I'm stuck to find which radio it was before. Very strange though since it must have been an "ICS" or earlier flash and it worked great with the 4.4 in CM 11.

My I717 has stock 2.3.6 on it and this is the radio it has. I found the file last night actually because I flashed the T-Mobile radio which gave me full 4g signal but no LTE. This radio depending on the strength of T-Mobile's LTE will give you LTE.

The stock ATT modem is UCLA1

jman315
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernuto View Post
My I717 has stock 2.3.6 on it and this is the radio it has. I found the file last night actually because I flashed the T-Mobile radio which gave me full 4g signal but no LTE. This radio depending on the strength of T-Mobile's LTE will give you LTE.

The stock ATT modem is UCLA1
With the last official ATT update the radio is UCMD3.