5,594,564 Members 32,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can someone tell me how to read bugreports.txt?

Tip us?

xdarkmario
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Default [Q] Can someone tell me how to read bugreports.txt?

does anyone know how to read/ decipher bugreports.txt? i have been trying to track down a bug that my os has been having for months now and it keeps dumping all these big bugreports and wile it does that my phone slows down to a crawl! all i know is that its triggered sometimes when im listening to music with the walkman app and press volume up. then the phone vibrates once and again 3 more times signifying that the system is making a bugreport. i want to understand the text so that i can get to the root and the only app that could automatically do it is banished from the internet (404 removed) or missing links.
CREATOR OF THE XDark ICS ROM

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario View Post
does anyone know how to read/ decipher bugreports.txt? i have been trying to track down a bug that my os has been having for months now and it keeps dumping all these big bugreports and wile it does that my phone slows down to a crawl! all i know is that its triggered sometimes when im listening to music with the walkman app and press volume up. then the phone vibrates once and again 3 more times signifying that the system is making a bugreport. i want to understand the text so that i can get to the root and the only app that could automatically do it is banished from the internet (404 removed) or missing links.
I don't know where bugreport.txt is stored in phone when it's created, nor i don't know why it's happening when you press volume up, but i can share my way of getting full bugreport file with PC:

I use Total Commander with ADB plugin and all is needed is just simple drag'n'drop to make file bugreport.txt wich is easily viewed with any txt viewer (TC have also internal viewer).

I'll attach screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_002_05122013_174045.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	2434872  

xdarkmario
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
I don't know where bugreport.txt is stored in phone when it's created, nor i don't know why it's happening when you press volume up, but i can share my way of getting full bugreport file with PC:

I use Total Commander with ADB plugin and all is needed is just simple drag'n'drop to make file bugreport.txt wich is easily viewed with any txt viewer (TC have also internal viewer).

I'll attach screenshot
i can open them but i want to understand them.

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario View Post
i can open them but i want to understand them.
How did you get them open they always say file to large for me.

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074

xdarkmario
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey View Post
How did you get them open they always say file to large for me.

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
es file browser or windows.