XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft brick 4.3

Tip us?

abcd8496
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Soft brick 4.3

I soft brick my phone tried to downgrade to 4.1.1 using odin it fails. any help guys!!!!
i was using stock 4.3 rooted before the brick
can anyone provide me with the at&t 4.3 tar file so i can use it in odin. I can't find one
please help guys

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd8496 View Post
I soft brick my phone tried to downgrade to 4.1.1 using odin it fails. any help guys!!!!
i was using stock 4.3 rooted before the brick
can anyone provide me with the at&t 4.3 tar file so i can use it in odin. I can't find one
please help guys
You'll need JTAG service repair.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140424-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

werds
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
You'll need JTAG service repair.
He may not if it is a soft brick. As long as when he says softbrick he means that it is not loading past the Samsung log or the ATT logo for example. I was on stock rooted 4.3 as well and tried flashing other roms as well and soft bricked my phone in the process.

I ended up with two choices, load only 4.3 (The STOCK MOD v4 install worked for me just fine - but I was trying to get out of 4.3 tbh) Tried several other roms and all would end in a soft brick.

Finally landed on a stock 4.1.2 UCMG2 rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388065

After clearing my internal SD and formatting it I flashed it and it worked (took a long time on the Samsung logo but worked!) the wifi is a little flaky at times but it always was on 4.1.2 for me anyways... the key I believe was that this rom did not have a bootloader and modem updated, which was required to properly downgrade after having had previously installed 4.3.

OP try it out and see how that works? Unfortunately I could not find a TAR of this, but luckily I was able to use a microSD adapter to move the needed files onto the SD card so that I could flash in TWRP.

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by werds View Post
He may not if it is a soft brick. As long as when he says softbrick he means that it is not loading past the Samsung log or the ATT logo for example. I was on stock rooted 4.3 as well and tried flashing other roms as well and soft bricked my phone in the process.

I ended up with two choices, load only 4.3 (The STOCK MOD v4 install worked for me just fine - but I was trying to get out of 4.3 tbh) Tried several other roms and all would end in a soft brick.

Finally landed on a stock 4.1.2 UCMG2 rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388065

After clearing my internal SD and formatting it I flashed it and it worked (took a long time on the Samsung logo but worked!) the wifi is a little flaky at times but it always was on 4.1.2 for me anyways... the key I believe was that this rom did not have a bootloader and modem updated, which was required to properly downgrade after having had previously installed 4.3.

OP try it out and see how that works? Unfortunately I could not find a TAR of this, but luckily I was able to use a microSD adapter to move the needed files onto the SD card so that I could flash in TWRP.
If he was on stock 4.3 and tried to ODIN to stock 4.1.1, then he's gonna need a JTAG.
If he had tried to flash something via TWRP/CWM then it wouldn't have been an issue.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140424-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

werds
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
If he was on stock 4.3 and tried to ODIN to stock 4.1.1, then he's gonna need a JTAG.
If he had tried to flash something via TWRP/CWM then it wouldn't have been an issue.
Aaaah OK! Thanks for the clarification on why

jblparisi
Old
Thanks Meter 481
You do not need a JTAG service. There is a way to unbrick it of you accidentally downgraded your bootloader from 4.3 OTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app