Sidekick CDMA?

Tip us?

House#21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sidekick CDMA?

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a sidekick 4g I would like to use this phone on Verizon's 4g CDMA network, what would it take to switch this phone to accept CDMA?

shadowscott
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by House#21 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just picked up a sidekick 4g I would like to use this phone on Verizon's 4g CDMA network, what would it take to switch this phone to accept CDMA?
Unless I'm misinformed, this is not possible at all. Sidekick 4G is a GSM phone, which will only allow it to work on other GSM carriers. Unfortunately, Verizon is not one of them. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowscott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ged92781
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Unless I'm misinformed, this is not possible at all. Sidekick 4G is a GSM phone, which will only allow it to work on other GSM carriers. Unfortunately, Verizon is not one of them. Sorry.
You're correct. The best carrier to use the Sidekick on in the US is T-Mobile.

marathonjon
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I got a SIM unlock code from T-Mobile, and now I can use it on any GSM network worldwide. There are also other ways of unlocking it. But it definitely does not work on CDMA. Phonearena.com is your friend: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/T-M...kick-4G_id5158. Always check the specs before you buy a phone to make sure it will work with your carrier. Even if a phone will work on CDMA, that doesn't mean it will work on Verizon. For example, the Nexus 5 has CDMA but will work only on Sprint-based networks (in addition to GSM), not Verizon.
Device: T-Mobile/Samsung SGH-T839 Sidekick 4G
ROM: MeMoRY by TheLastSidekick