XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck MDK build with root

Tip us?

stang5litre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Stuck MDK build with root

I did my phone back to stock MDK and after rooting I installed CWM recovery and tried to make a backup before i flash a new rom and it appears my CWM recovery didn't install correctly as it comes up with a droid guy laying down with a red triangle saying error. I tried flashing a zip file of TWRP and the CWM remains even after i run script over it. Any ideas how to fix this? Any help appreciated
Stock MDK build rooted

Smartrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Root check

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang5litre View Post
I did my phone back to stock MDK and after rooting I installed CWM recovery and tried to make a backup before i flash a new rom and it appears my CWM recovery didn't install correctly as it comes up with a droid guy laying down with a red triangle saying error. I tried flashing a zip file of TWRP and the CWM remains even after i run script over it. Any ideas how to fix this? Any help appreciated
Stock MDK build rooted
The first thing I would do is download a root check app and if it says that I have root download goo manager and install twrp via that it makes it clean and simple

stang5litre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartrobot View Post
The first thing I would do is download a root check app and if it says that I have root download goo manager and install twrp via that it makes it clean and simple
Did that I have root but i installed CWM instead and it messed up when installing it and I can't get it to take TWRP. I have even tried flashing a zip of it. I have goomanager and installed script still goes to CWM guy on recovery with him laying down with a red triangle that says error

Smartrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 4
How did you Install cwm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FernBch
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Have you tried using koush's RomManager to install CWM?
So much to see, so much to do.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 On VZW

Pervious devices:
Motorola Photon 4G | HTC Ozone on VZW | Moto Droid X on VZW (Rooted flashed, etc) | Motorola Q