XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 Network unlocking issues

Tip us?

Paulkleiser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] S4 Network unlocking issues

I have been trying to unlock my AT&T S4 and after trying several methods am having no luck. I tried the *#0011# and am unable to make any changes due to an update that I can't seem to get rid of. I purchased an unlock code from a reputable unlock site, (bought one from them previously for girlfriends AT&T S4 and it worked perfectly) the code for my phone won't work. They offered several troubleshooting steps, from various *# number combinations to factory resetting my phone. I did a hard wipe (holding down vol up, menu and power button) and that still didn't work. I am thinking maybe I could try flashing an earlier version of android? Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulkleiser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paulkleiser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Update to Unlock issue

I have finally resolved my problem, after reading through many of your helpful posts on here, I decided to give Region lock away a shot. I tried to purchase from play but it kept declining it saying it was high risk and to try back in 24 hours, so I got it from here, rooted my phone, installed the lock away and sure enough, it unlocked the phone. I am going to leave this post up, even though no one replied yet, in case someone else has my same problem, maybe this can help.