Tip us?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob3 View Post
The problems existed with the phones without changing rom and kernel. Just running right after I went through the procedure.

After checking that the stock one I loaded was having the problem, I've now loaded phone 1 with Carbon 20131113 that has Jenkins@snuzzo kernel version 3.0.101-gb2c73c5. Same problem....
as stated you'll want an older version...that was still 4.3 and not 4.3.1 which would be from early october late september....and what i meant by changing is in the dialer menu i showed try various other ones....what is the one with the phone that gets good signal set to....try setting to lte/cdma auto only
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

pilotbob3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
as stated you'll want an older version...that was still 4.3 and not 4.3.1 which would be from early october late september....and what i meant by changing is in the dialer menu i showed try various other ones....what is the one with the phone that gets good signal set to....try setting to lte/cdma auto only
Thanks Reventech, I loaded Carbon 4.3 from October 2, same issues. Tried Pac Man 4.3, same thing. I think it is some kind of radio issue, and did set it to lte/cdma auto only, same issue. It looks like it default connects to CDMA. If I set to LTE only, I get worse problems.

One observation, if I choose LTE, the signal level is worse than CDMA. Is there a reason that choosing a different modulation causes a worse signal level?

Anyhow, any more suggestions before I throw the phone out the window?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks Reventech, I loaded Carbon 4.3 from October 2, same issues. Tried Pac Man 4.3, same thing. I think it is some kind of radio issue, and did set it to lte/cdma auto only, same issue. It looks like it default connects to CDMA. If I set to LTE only, I get worse problems.

One observation, if I choose LTE, the signal level is worse than CDMA. Is there a reason that choosing a different modulation causes a worse signal level?

Anyhow, any more suggestions before I throw the phone out the window?
the only thing i can think of is get a new sim from verizon....i have heard being on an old sim may cause issues similar to this
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

pilotbob3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
the only thing i can think of is get a new sim from verizon....i have heard being on an old sim may cause issues similar to this
Good idea! Will have to think of a reason to ask Verizon to change it as it is a new SIM.

pilotbob3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
On second thought, I moved the SIM into my other Rezound (the one that eats the battery extremely fast), and LTE data rate is superb, so I don't think its the SIM.

Maybe I can fix this phone so it does not drain the battery as fast. Any idea? This one is running straight from your Downgrade/Upgrade procedure with no other ROM installed.

Thanks again,

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
On second thought, I moved the SIM into my other Rezound (the one that eats the battery extremely fast), and LTE data rate is superb, so I don't think its the SIM.

Maybe I can fix this phone so it does not drain the battery as fast. Any idea? This one is running straight from your Downgrade/Upgrade procedure with no other ROM installed.

Thanks again,
thats my only suggestion as that what has fixed overheating for me and a few others....i think its cause of the motherboard as first mentioned originally....my ht1 motherboard rez would get insanely hot....where as my fa2 motherboard rezound is superb.....i cant think of what else would cause crappy signal exect for hardware related....ie pins on back of phone that touch back cover is faulty or sim slot is dirty
Samsung Relay 4g
HTC REZOUND

The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pilotbob3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
thats my only suggestion as that what has fixed overheating for me and a few others....i think its cause of the motherboard as first mentioned originally....my ht1 motherboard rez would get insanely hot....where as my fa2 motherboard rezound is superb.....i cant think of what else would cause crappy signal exect for hardware related....ie pins on back of phone that touch back cover is faulty or sim slot is dirty
I thank you for your help as always. Guess I have two bad motherboards, one that drains batteries, one that can't get a decent data rate. I've spent far too much of your time (and way too much of mine) on this project. Will have to bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

Thanks again