XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

odin question

Tip us?

m_reyna_16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default odin question

Im trying to flash an att modem on the tmobile note 3, ive read ppl do this... but pc odin errors out. Ive been able to do it, I think, with mobile odin when I was using a n9005 rom but only because the n9005 is supported.

The reason I think it did flash was because although it still said I had a tmobile modem on my settings/about, the phone did get better signal and ive read that happens a lot, where you flash a modem and it doesnt say its the version you flashed.

Anyways, how can I successfully flash it aaaand for it to say I have the modem I flashed in my settings>about?

Quickvic30
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
Im trying to flash an att modem on the tmobile note 3, ive read ppl do this... but pc odin errors out. Ive been able to do it, I think, with mobile odin when I was using a n9005 rom but only because the n9005 is supported.

The reason I think it did flash was because although it still said I had a tmobile modem on my settings/about, the phone did get better signal and ive read that happens a lot, where you flash a modem and it doesnt say its the version you flashed.

Anyways, how can I successfully flash it aaaand for it to say I have the modem I flashed in my settings>about?
Theres a thread on this already. Some claim better signal after flashing the modem via mobil odin but then again others noticed nothing. I personally didn't notice any signal strength gain and I don't think the modem really even flashes, just my 2 cents.
Current Devices

SM-N900T on AT&T
SPH-L720 on AT&T+Wicked V10
Galaxy Gear = Rooted+Kernel

m_reyna_16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30 View Post
Theres a thread on this already. Some claim better signal after flashing the modem via mobil odin but then again others noticed nothing. I personally didn't notice any signal strength gain and I don't think the modem really even flashes, just my 2 cents.
How did you flash it with mobile odin if the n900t is not supported?

Quickvic30
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
How did you flash it with mobile odin if the n900t is not supported?
I was running the omega 9005 rom, you can even change your build.prop to the 9005 and it will flash the modem with mobile odin. I've tried flashing just about every ATT modem out there with pc odin and they all fail right at the end.

Heres the other thread on this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522282
Current Devices

SM-N900T on AT&T
SPH-L720 on AT&T+Wicked V10
Galaxy Gear = Rooted+Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickvic30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m_reyna_16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30 View Post
I was running the omega 9005 rom, you can even change your build.prop to the 9005 and it will flash the modem with mobile odin. I've tried flashing just about every ATT modem out there with pc odin and they all fail right at the end.

Heres the other thread on this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522282
Yea I even posted on that thread for help but no go, havent kept up with it lately though