XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera quality

Tip us?

colobos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Camera quality

Can anyone explain to me why all the reviews for the camera and pictures I see from others note seem to be amazing yet all I seem to get is grainy images am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

skibadee
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by colobos View Post
Can anyone explain to me why all the reviews for the camera and pictures I see from others note seem to be amazing yet all I seem to get is grainy images am I missing something?

For me turning off the night stabilisation mode & setting auto flash made it better in low light places. Can't say I've had any issues with daylight photos.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

x102x96x
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:

maybe different setting

and maybe problem with ur variant and will solve by an update
and also it can be hardware problem in last step IF u become sure no software problem

so
1. play with settings
2. search for other users that exactly in same firmware with u and compare photo ...
3. if u find any different (bad quality in urs) try to flash another stock rom (from another regions)
4. if nothing change take it for service to check lens

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Developing & Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & AndroidWear <<<
SonyXperiaZ2...
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /NC1
GoogleNexus5; D821 /kXk | KOT49H | CM11 | Ubuntu |
CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7; Grouper /kXk | JB-KK | Ubuntu |
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

noteworthy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

The camera has Jeckel and Hyde characteristics.Outdoor shots are superb for a smartphone but when you venture indoor or at night,it takes pretty awful photos.Smart Stabalisation brightens things up and limits noise but you lose all detail.If you crop in, faces and objects look like cartoon drawings.There is only so much you can do with a small sensor so I think the N3 needs a dedicated night mode and better software.don't hold your breath though.Samsung will fix this issue up but only when the N4 arrives with their isocell technology.

If you want decent photos at night you need to use the flash but the flash doesn't work well past 10 ft.