XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Video lag Issue with Google Nexus 7 2013

Tip us?

superbikez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Video lag Issue with Google Nexus 7 2013

I've recently bought Google Nexus 7 32GB 2013. Facing some problem related Video Playing. Whenever I play any 1080p or even 720p video, my video start lagging (little shutter) after 3 - 4 seconds for 1 second. Can you please let me know how can i fix this lag? I am using MX player with updated codec. V4.4

volumnus
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Default I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbikez View Post
I've recently bought Google Nexus 7 32GB 2013. Facing some problem related Video Playing. Whenever I play any 1080p or even 720p video, my video start lagging (little shutter) after 3 - 4 seconds for 1 second. Can you please let me know how can i fix this lag? I am using MX player with updated codec. V4.4
My older Galaxy Note 2 Phone handles video (and most other things) a lot better than this Asus tablet. I am probably going to sell it. The KitKat rom is great, but the hardware kind of sucks.
Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (i317) and Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom: SkyNote (4.3 Build) on Note 2 and CleanRom (4.4 Build) on Nexus 7

KedarWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Phone Hardware Acceleration On?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbikez View Post
Did you enable hardware acceleration in the settings? I'm not sure about MX PLayer but I get much better video with VLC Player with hardware acceleration on then off. Or just try VLC PLayer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tav7neon&hl=en using hardware acceleration if you want. It doesn't need any codec downlaods to play files as they are built in. It's still beta but I've had zero problems with it. I watch 1080p mkv files mostly.

Peace.

confused computer
Old
(Last edited by confused computer; 12th December 2013 at 10:47 PM.) Reason: to add more information
Thanks Meter 3
I have the 2013 Nexus 7 and clicking the link above for VLC says it's not compatible with my device and not available in my country. If anyone else has the same problem, you have to download the daily build here: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/

People who are having problems with MX Player should try turning the "Software Decoder" on. The "Hardware Decoder" mode was lagging when I first used MX Player many months ago, but it doesn't lag when I use the Software Decoder. Maybe it's because the hardware in this Nexus 7 is not programmed to natively play every video format.