XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] phone won't boot

Tip us?

davescarp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] phone won't boot

So I clearly screwed something up. Was running Viper 2.0.3 but went to reset/wipe and think i accidnetly formatted the sdcard then system also in CWM. Now i can't get anything to boot. I can get into CWM but am struggling to figure out how to flash something so a ROM will load. I'm clearly a newby with this. Pretty sure I have adb setup right,as it apprears to recognize the device with adb devices, but this was my first foray into adb so i'm struggling with this. Any help from the community would be more than appreciated, as I'm trying to set this up for my mother's first smart phone.

RLGL
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by davescarp View Post
So I clearly screwed something up. Was running Viper 2.0.3 but went to reset/wipe and think i accidnetly formatted the sdcard then system also in CWM. Now i can't get anything to boot. I can get into CWM but am struggling to figure out how to flash something so a ROM will load. I'm clearly a newby with this. Pretty sure I have adb setup right,as it apprears to recognize the device with adb devices, but this was my first foray into adb so i'm struggling with this. Any help from the community would be more than appreciated, as I'm trying to set this up for my mother's first smart phone.
In CWM select sideload, use the sideload command from the command prompt on your PC to get a rom on the DNA
Asus Transformer TF 700 CleanROM Inheritance 3.3
Moonshined HTC DNA
Retired: HTC Thunderbolt InfectedRom Eternity
The Following User Says Thank You to RLGL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davescarp
Old
(Last edited by davescarp; 12th December 2013 at 03:11 AM.) Reason: got it...
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLGL View Post
In CWM select sideload, use the sideload command from the command prompt on your PC to get a rom on the DNA
ok, i was messing with that... so "adb sideload ViperDNA_2.0.3.zip" where the viper zip is in the adb folder? just tried that and is says it * can not read ViperDNA_2.0.3.zip * ?? Appreciate the resonse, i think this is easily solveable since i can boot to recovery and still have CWM.. just need a nudge to get over the top...

EDIT: figured it out... thanks to xda and all for providing a resource so useful.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Adb push Rom.zip /sdcard/Rom.zip

Sent from my dlx using XDA Premium 4 mobile app