5,604,122 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wobbly volume buttons on GNote3.

Tip us?

floko127
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Wobbly volume buttons on GNote3.

First off I want to start by saying that this is potentially the best piece of technology I have ever bought. I am in LOVE with the flexibility of Android (brand new iOS switch over) and the raw power and hardware of the N3.

I bought this beast a couple of days ago and I instantly noticed that the home button was a bit wiggly if I tried hard to make it wiggle. Needless to say I ran to the web and found that may others have been having the same issue but its not a deal breaker in any way. I have come to terms with it and it no longer bothers me.

What I also noticed was that the volume buttons are quite loose and shake quite a bit if I move them around with my finger. I can also hear them rattling a little bit if I shake the phone and if it vibrates there is a slight sound. Is this also standard with all N3's or are my volume rockers a one off case?

I am under a replacement warranty and getting a new piece should be no issue, but if this volume issue is a common one then I wont bother as everything else is working perfectly and I don't want to risk running into different problems with another N3.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by floko127 View Post
First off I want to start by saying that this is potentially the best piece of technology I have ever bought. I am in LOVE with the flexibility of Android (brand new iOS switch over) and the raw power and hardware of the N3.

I bought this beast a couple of days ago and I instantly noticed that the home button was a bit wiggly if I tried hard to make it wiggle. Needless to say I ran to the web and found that may others have been having the same issue but its not a deal breaker in any way. I have come to terms with it and it no longer bothers me.

What I also noticed was that the volume buttons are quite loose and shake quite a bit if I move them around with my finger. I can also hear them rattling a little bit if I shake the phone and if it vibrates there is a slight sound. Is this also standard with all N3's or are my volume rockers a one off case?

I am under a replacement warranty and getting a new piece should be no issue, but if this volume issue is a common one then I wont bother as everything else is working perfectly and I don't want to risk running into different problems with another N3.
Not seen any issues regarding Volume buttons being dodgy, only the home button. (only a small percentage tho) - Guess you just got a lemon unit, it does happen from time to time with any hardware.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //

alom5
Old
Thanks Meter 169
I've got no problems on the home button or the volume buttons or the power button. Once you put a case on it you won't notice if it's just minor. But if it's bad, is get it changed. ..😌

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk