XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to add my e-mail account using e-mail app

Tip us?

pettoulinos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to add my e-mail account using e-mail app

I tried several times to add my e-mail account, the one I normally use, apart from my Gmail one, which I successfully added, using the e-mail app that is preinstalled. It keeps on connecting to the server, but it eventually it does not.
No problem with the mail account, in three different pc's and my mobile phone, a Nokia N8.
What am I supposed to do?

coleam
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettoulinos View Post
I tried several times to add my e-mail account, the one I normally use, apart from my Gmail one, which I successfully added, using the e-mail app that is preinstalled. It keeps on connecting to the server, but it eventually it does not.
No problem with the mail account, in three different pc's and my mobile phone, a Nokia N8.
You could have a setting wrong. What type of account is it and which step is it failing on? Fwiw, I prefer K-9 Email to the stock app.

reinert012
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettoulinos View Post
Try accessing a different wireless connection

pettoulinos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinert012 View Post
Try accessing a different wireless connection
I actually tried different places, no luck, K-9 mail, I'll give it a try.
Thanks anyway