XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] android version upgrade for galaxy core

Tip us?

ahmad_98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] android version upgrade for galaxy core

i already have samsung galaxy core but i have read the thread that say my phone can upgrade to android 4.4 kitkat. how to upgrade the android version for my phone...need help.....

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 960

DONATE TO ME
I donít know the device, and I don't think you read that correctly. But if you did, you'd just have to wait. Check the article again, maybe it has a date.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu

Av-Z3R0
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default No official update

Android 4.4 KitKat can be run on lower end devices such as those with 512MB of RAM, overall galaxy core will also come under this lower end device category that's why you might have read this.. However, Samsung will probably NOT release any further updates, though we always have XDA, check for cynogenmod 11 for your device. It'll probably be at a development stage but you can have the initial experience..

Alina Billingsley
Old
(Last edited by Alina Billingsley; 12th December 2013 at 11:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hello every1, the thing is that according to what ive read today Android doesn't fully supports the Dual Core processors right now. So i would like to know if there will be new version of Android one day with full dual core support would i be able to just upgrade the android on my phone or not?