XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] another rooting razr m post questions

Tip us?

L1ND
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] another rooting razr m post questions

had trave mod wifi with motochopper root on my old razr m, turned off the update message, phone was about 6 months old and took a ****

got a replacement phone on the old update (yay!!) and never even thought about it updating because i figured there had to be something out for the new update by now... had the phone for 2 days and woke up the morning after a good drunk (hung over like a mofo) and was trying to send a text when the update popped up and i hit yes.... so 98.30.1.xt907 is what im on now and appears to be an epic fail at this point lol

my bootloader is locked and 4G is the only internet out in my area so im not paying verizon $100 a month for internet again... so my questions.

I dont really need root if i can use mobile hotspot or foxfi or w/e wifi app for free. Id pay for the app if it unlocked the ability to use mobile hotspot...is it possible and is there one out there?

If i cant do it without root is there one out there for the new update (searched this hard far and wide doesnt look good)

If there is no hope of free mobile hotspot on this phone what are a couple newer 4g phones through verizon i could buy (still on the old unlimited plan)

thanks for any help

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ND View Post
had trave mod wifi with motochopper root on my old razr m, turned off the update message, phone was about 6 months old and took a ****

got a replacement phone on the old update (yay!!) and never even thought about it updating because i figured there had to be something out for the new update by now... had the phone for 2 days and woke up the morning after a good drunk (hung over like a mofo) and was trying to send a text when the update popped up and i hit yes.... so 98.30.1.xt907 is what im on now and appears to be an epic fail at this point lol

my bootloader is locked and 4G is the only internet out in my area so im not paying verizon $100 a month for internet again... so my questions.

I dont really need root if i can use mobile hotspot or foxfi or w/e wifi app for free. Id pay for the app if it unlocked the ability to use mobile hotspot...is it possible and is there one out there?

If i cant do it without root is there one out there for the new update (searched this hard far and wide doesnt look good)

If there is no hope of free mobile hotspot on this phone what are a couple newer 4g phones through verizon i could buy (still on the old unlimited plan)

thanks for any help
Unfortunately, you can't root that system version. There is the entitlement hack for people that are still on the unlimited plan, but I think you need to be rooted to modify the build.prop. With that being said, I'm not sure about all the phones that Verizon offer, but the HD and M were both updated at the same time and that update blocked root. The X can be rooted and you should be able to run the hack on that. However, you'll have to pay full price since you're going to upgrade off contract.