XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear showing Picture ID on phnoe call

Tip us?

dragoncius
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeboos View Post
Because I'm happy with my nexus 5. Not really the best solution for me tbh. To just change phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Then why did you get a GEAR? Not trying to be rude, but you seem a bit disappointed that you GG doesn´t do the things it is supposed to do....

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncius View Post
Then why did you get a GEAR? Not trying to be rude, but you seem a bit disappointed that you GG doesn´t do the things it is supposed to do....
you seem to be overreacting. he simply asked how contact pictures works. there is absolutly nothing with using gear with other devices. as it has been stated before, not all functions work.

dragoncius
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade View Post
you seem to be overreacting. he simply asked how contact pictures works. there is absolutly nothing with using gear with other devices. as it has been stated before, not all functions work.
Sorry if I sounded rude. It is just that if he knows the Gear doesn´t get full functionality with his Nexus, then why is he wondering why he doesnt get caller id and photo.... It is pretty obvious it is for lack of compatibility.

nitropollo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
In my case, installing all apks on my htc one (except weather and music, obiusly),extracted from gear manager apk i can see the names of my contacts when they call me. I haven't photos with my contacts to try it

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeboos View Post
Ah man another thing doesn't work for me. Guess it's because I am using my gear with a nexus 5. Mine doesn't even show the persons name. Just the number.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I got contact name with my n5 (I did have gear manager installed). Pretty sure I got picture too (have moved back to s4)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock JB 4.3 | XXUEML6 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUBMH1 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: AUSDIM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb

[ROM: Jellybean 4.3 | CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 (T520) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Google Glass (Explorer)
--------
My Android Downloads
--------
OPTUS Post Paid | 3 UK PAYG | Orange France Pre Paid

gdeboos
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitropollo View Post
In my case, installing all apks on my htc one (except weather and music, obiusly),extracted from gear manager apk i can see the names of my contacts when they call me. I haven't photos with my contacts to try it

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
I got contact name with my n5 (I did have gear manager installed). Pretty sure I got picture too (have moved back to s4)
Thank you both for useful posts / help! I re installed the apks from gear manager 1.5 and now works - I have caller ID and photos.
I think I must have missed one apk when installing the first time.

Now to try ang get notifications to work.