XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removing CarrierIQ AT&T E980

Tip us?

bvzxa3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Removing CarrierIQ AT&T E980

Well I removed CarrierIQ from the ATT E980 and you get a significant amount of RAM back to the device. I have noticed that 1.01GB of ram is being used while I now have 1011MB free, or pretty much 1 GB free. The only thing that happens is I get 2 to 3 FC's during boot-up.

I am using the stock rom on 10k rooted and unlocked

AT&T bloatware is annoying.

mail_venu
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvzxa3 View Post
Well I removed CarrierIQ from the ATT E980 and you get a significant amount of RAM back to the device. I have noticed that 1.01GB of ram is being used while I now have 1011MB free, or pretty much 1 GB free. The only thing that happens is I get 2 to 3 FC's during boot-up.

how to remove carrier IQ, somehow I lost my IMEI number while I patch a wrong modem/baseband though I reverted to correct one (E980) still I dont see my IMEI number or any mobile signal

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvzxa3 View Post

how to remove carrier IQ, somehow I lost my IMEI number while I patch a wrong modem/baseband though I reverted to correct one (E980) still I dont see my IMEI number or any mobile signal