5,597,501 Members 31,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Whatsapp doesn't connect on CyanogenMod 11 Nightly has anyone else ran into this?

Tip us?

agrs22
Old
(Last edited by agrs22; 7th December 2013 at 11:34 PM.) Reason: Spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt [Q] Whatsapp doesn't connect on CyanogenMod 11 Nightly has anyone else ran into this?

So after a long wait and having updated my boss's SGS4 to the sweet chocolaty kitkat, I came across an official CM 11 nightly for our beloved cappy, (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557481) I tried it and for a nightly it running exceptionally except for one thing that sent me back to SlimBean, I can not get whatsapp to connect by any means. Everything else is working beautifully but this D: it even downloaded from the playstore just fine (as opposed to all the errors said to be caused by ART) I tried all the lib fixes I found that said it got whatsapp working again but non of them did the job. Any one that has got it to work?

Pallav Sheth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try to check your APN settings. It worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pallav Sheth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agrs22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Talking :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallav Sheth View Post
Try to check your APN settings. It worked for me.
The APN actually was cleared but that wasn't the problem as I was trying to connect with wifi, however the problem was fix on the nightly right after that n.n been working great with ART the only problem I seem to be having now is the occasional deep sleep which the phone wont wake up from without a reboot. Not really sure what's causing it.

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1604

DONATE TO ME
You can always try a different governor/scheduler setup to fix the wake problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.2.2
Kernel: KT747
Modem: LL1
Launcher: ADW Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.