XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need a bit of help

Tip us?

acostello
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Need a bit of help

So, i have followed so many different ways of rooting this phone. I have gotten it rooted, but as soon as i put a custom recovery, i have to use odin just to get it to work. I get the error that says im using non approved software on the device. How do i get a custom recovery on this phone? I have been using rom manager via the play store directly on the phone. I have also tried side loading clockworkmod and i cannot get it to take. Is there something im missing? Also, i have tried and tried and tried to use casual, but it continues to not work. as soon as it comes up after rebooting into download mode, it doesnt get all the way through the install. it gets to the end, and stops and errors out.

I absolutely have to get some other rom on this thing. The verizon rom is driving me nuts. I sure miss my nexus... 8)

Ars3nal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Ok, yes you have to absolutely unlock the bootloader and I'm pretty sure that Casual is the only method to really do this. Not sure how much help I can be as I unlocked my Note 2 about a year ago and the methods are changing. So make sure you are on the right OTA and that there is an unlock available for your OTA.

acostello
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default adfsa

Yea, thats the problem. I have used casual, and it crashes every time i use it. It wont let me do a thing to the phone. Honestly, while i love the size of this phone, i miss my nexus more and more every day. Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars3nal View Post
Ok, yes you have to absolutely unlock the bootloader and I'm pretty sure that Casual is the only method to really do this. Not sure how much help I can be as I unlocked my Note 2 about a year ago and the methods are changing. So make sure you are on the right OTA and that there is an unlock available for your OTA.

Jiggabitties
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Do you have an anti-virus installed on your computer? Casual crashed on me towards the end on first go also, until I disable Microsoft Security Essentials.